SASS Wire Forum

Pedersoli Lightning Rifles .45LC

W. D. Pickett

I was looking at the Pedersoli Lightning Rifle and found that Cabela's has them on sale for 799.88.  Most of the ones that I have seen are 1200+.  They are only in .45LC chambering.  Just a thought for those who are thinking about a lightning rifle.  I ordered one and will keep you all advised as soon as it comes in.  Cabela's site said 5 to 8 business days.

i have a Pedersoli Lightning Rifle 45 LC that i bought at Cabela's ... about 500 rnds thru it and NEVER a glitch .. never did anything to the action .. you need to run the action like you stole it, meaning with authority .. mine had alot of blow back using star line brass and unique powder and 200 gr bullets, so i changed to thinner brass and W231 powder ... took care of about 90 % of the blow back .. i can not shoot it as fast as my 73 but then i am not a really fast shooter anyway

My local Cabela's had that same exact rifle at that same exact price just before Christmas last year on clearance. I looked at it several times and contemplated it very seriously. Did my research on Pedersoli, finally decided to give it a go (even though I shoot Classic Cowboy and that rifle is not legal in Classic Cowboy), went back with cash in hand only to discover I was too late. :( I had procrastinated too long and somebody else bought it. I actually breathed a sigh of relief although I thought it would have been a very neat rifle to add to the collection. At that price I'd say jump on it. Don't dilly dally like I did, just go buy it and have fun with it.

Biggest problem with those chamber in 45 Colt is blow back thro the receiver in to the face of the shooter 

I think the Lightening is simply a novelty rifle to non cowboy gun types and is too expensive for most people to justify owning a repro of a gun that really doesn't fit most folk's view of the Old West.  

Heck, even most cowboy action shooters don't have much of a use for that particular rifle. 

It's cool but maybe 99% impractical for 99% of us. 

Archived