SASS Wire Forum

SKB STOCK

Howdy

Pretty soon I will be sourcing another stock for my SKB 200e. My question is are they readily available & are the models interchangeable & roughly what prices are they asking. Mine split on the left side of the grip [ actually the piece just fell away ] & yes the bolt thru the end of the stock was tight, is this common ?

If  I can find one I would have a mate bring back from EOT.

Thanks for any input..Regards 'Mohawk

When you say the bolt was tight, due you believe that was the cause of the split? I'm afraid I don't have a lot of knowledge about these firearms, but hopefully someone will know.

Actually the inletting at the sight of the crack is probably why it cracked in the first place. SKBs have a scalloped edge at the front of the receiver and when they crack, it is usually at the point of a scallop. Inletting was probably a little tight there. Also humidity can cause the wood to swell slightly and crack where there is pressure.

Most lot of the time, if the nut on the thrubolt is a little loose, this is usually the culprit.

9 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Actually the inletting at the sight of the crack is probably why it cracked in the first place. SKBs have a scalloped edge at the front of the receiver and when they crack, it is usually at the point of a scallop. Inletting was probably a little tight there. Also humidity can cause the wood to swell slightly and crack where there is pressure.

Most lot of the time, if the nut on the thrubolt is a little loose, this is usually the culprit.

Yep spot on Big Sage..I have temporarily repaired it but would like to get another if possible. I keep the nut tight  however I think I may have missed a slight crack when I purchased the gun..

It was great to meet you and shoot with you at our Revenge shoot here in Cortez. If get up this way again, hope to see you.

Archived