SASS Wire Forum

Thank you Missy Mable & crew at the Idaho State shoot

Renegade Roper

Missy Mable, Idaho Bad Company & crew put on one fine shoot, Magic in the Valley, the Idaho State Championship! This is definitely one to put on your bucket list.

The stages were fun, targets were nicely set, good amount of movement (forward & side) & some different sweeps that we hadn't seen before but had fun shooting. The details that went into their props & eye candy was outstanding. They had a stage where you shot targets in the sage brush, a stage with 2 "cannons" that when you shot the bird w/a piece of charcoal the smoke went out the cannon, a vulture tree, a general store filled with all kinds of stuff, a stage with a bridge and one with a trench in front of the targets so water splashed up as you hit them. There were warm up stages in the morning & afternoon as well as speed events, long range events & precision pistol & rifle. Then there was the team 3 legged event where each team member had to take a maniquin leg with them as they shot their part. The couples event involved leap frogging & all I will say is "What happens in Idaho, stays in Idaho!" The awards banquet was great & awards were very original with bobble head cowboys, wood plaques with cards, chips & guns and metal cut out plaques all with a gambling theme.

And El Gordo Hombre does one mean impression of John Wayne. Congrats to the Idaho State Champs (Samuel Dunbin Hadley & Belinda Belle), all the category winners, and Idaho White Rider for his first Top 16 Mens Shootoff win.

Schwaby, myself & the rest of the Upstate NY crew had a blast!! Definitely on our list of shoots to go back to. Great job all around.

It was fun meeting y'all.

I really enjoyed being on the winning team in the Team Shoot with Sixgun Schwaby, J.T., and Mesa Belle.

I hope to shoot with y'all again some day.

I want to second this, Missy and company were great from the first email on match info right on through the awards dinner!! A great bunch of friendly folks. Made this NY Cowboy feel right at home!!

The match was fun with great props and targets. Thanks for a great time!!

It was fun shooting with you guys too! Hope to see you at Winter Range. If you ever decide to trek east for the NY State championship in UPSTATE NY give us a shout.

Archived