SASS Wire Forum

Roy Jinks Personal S&W SAA

Howdy

Ummm...........you really should give some more supporting information.

That does not make a whole lot of sense.

????

Well, I am curious, because as far as I know S&W never made a Colt. If they engraved it for Roy, that I can understand.

Particularly since the 'S&W' in the second photo is a different font than the rest of the marking. Plus, S&W usually marks their guns with what they call the 'lazy ampersand'. At least that is how they used to mark them.

Like this:

LazyAmpersand02_zps51f173a0.jpg

Same with the 'MADE FOR' and BY SMITH & WESSON, SPRINGFIELD MASS. In the third photo. Different font and no lazy ampersand.

So what gives?

Or do I have to call up Roy and ask him?

Well, I am curious, because as far as I know S&W never made a Colt. If they engraved it for Roy, that I can understand.

Particularly since the 'S&W' in the second photo is a different font than the rest of the marking. Plus, S&W usually marks their guns with what they call the 'lazy ampersand'. At least that is how they used to mark them.

Like this:

LazyAmpersand02_zps51f173a0.jpg

Same with the 'MADE FOR' and BY SMITH & WESSON, SPRINGFIELD MASS. In the third photo. Different font and no lazy ampersand.

So what gives?

Or do I have to call up Roy and ask him?

Correct on all counts.

I do not have the actual story, only a second hand account that it was someone's gift to Roy.

Just thought it would be an interesting item to show everyone.

You blow that third picture up enough and you see that the top bar on both the E and the F are IN the engraving.

Seems pretty sloppy for a presentation piece. Me - I'd have all the stamping done and then engrave around it. Not engrave and leave a spot and then try to fit everything in the bare spot.

I call shenanigans.

Archived