SASS Wire Forum

Latest "News" Cycle Meaningless Buzzword

Cat Brules

Okay, it looks like the next, already-tired, overused term that the news channels are throwing at us is, "red meat." I guess (big stretch here, folks), this means a passionate, intense, hot-topic issue for discussion, meant to establish fervor against or consensus for an item of debate. The constant repetition of these cliches reflects laziness.

"Red meat" is a phrase that has been in common use among politics wonks for as long as I can remember.

Yeah, of course we've heard it before, but not from every one of the hosts and their guests. Not one of them ever pegs the reality of what is happening

Yeah, of course we've heard it before, but not from every one of the hosts and their guests. Not one of them ever pegs the reality of what is happening

Ah, OK, now I get your meaning, sorry. Brain was a bit fried after a long day at work last night when I responded. It does seem like the media gets a memo sent out, regardless of who they work for, that has all the buzzwords they're supposed to hit. I don't listen to talk radio much, but I have listened a couple of times and caught Limbaugh doing montages where 10-15 different "journalists" will say nearly the exact same thing using the same buzzword(s).

Archived