SASS Wire Forum

My new camera

Buffalo Douglas

I got an original GoPro for my birthday last year. I had some fun with it but I wasn't all that happy with the video quality. I wanted to upgrade but the price they think those new ones are worth.... NO WAY! I did some looking and came across a competitor, GeekPro. It's 1/4 the price of the new Hero4 and has almost all of the same features. The only thing I've noticed so far that the Geekpro lacks over the GoPro is that you can't remove the fisheye view directly from the camera. The Geekpro has to have fisheye removed post-production. For $300 less, I can live with that.

It can also use all of the GoPro mounts. So if you, like me, want to trade up, you can still utilize all of your old accessories. It come's with all sorts of mounts, far more than my GoPro did. All in all, my initial review is very positive. My youtube channel has a video I took with a hat cam on my original GoPro in about the same weather conditions, so you can compare/contrast the two if you'd like (it's the .357 BP one).

The only other comment about it I have so far is the color is a little off. It does pick up more green than is actually visible. I haven't played with it enough to know if I can fix that or not. If you're interested in one, or have thought about a gopro but the price turned your off, these are on amazon for under $100.

I took a video a few days ago while I was on my way out to a drilling rig. It has been raining/misting here pretty much non stop for the last 2 weeks. This lease road was a mess and 4wd was a must to get back out. I've got a few comments in the video as it plays. It's only about 3.5 minutes long or so.

THe crack does make it look like a Russian windshield. :ph34r:

Up here, it's not even worth it to replace it until it affects your vision. One company truck I had, had really bad glass. Got it fixed. Next time I went out, caught a baseball sized rock off of a passing semi hauling a rig shack. Cracked glass is the norm in this part of the country. That one is nice and low so it only affects my camera view :D

THe crack does make it look like a Russian windshield. :ph34r:

:D :D :D

Archived