SASS Wire Forum

A visit from Cowboy Junky

Cowboy Junky, of S.Carolina fame, dropped by the bunkhouse yesterday about High Noon.

With the beautiful E. Tennessee weather of sunny skies and 60 temps, we were able to shoot a little back on the farm and hopefully tweak a couple Marlin 1894's.

Junky is one of them terribly fast rifle shooters. I think he only knows one speed.........wide open! :P

Anyhow, it was great to have him over for the day. We not only had some time to tweak a couple 1894's, but we also spent some time blasting away with a couple SIG P320's in 9mm and .357 SIG.

And then we had a GREAT time plinking with a good .22 rifle. Ain't nothing like putting 15 rounds in the Marlin 60 and blasting away at rocks and cow bones back out on the farm.

Thanks for dropping over Junky.

..........Widder

Widder.....do you still have all the guns you had before Junky got there? :D:D You're right, Junky only has one speed and its fast....a good pard.

On a related note I shot with Blackhawk Henry Saturday and he had a "special" rifle he's been working on and man the action on that gun was butter smooth. He ran it pretty fast too. I understand he has a "Marlin consultant" he's been communicating with too!

Kajun

Howdy Krazy.

Blackhawk has a very keen mind when it comes to the inner workings of the Marlin and in such, we talk frequently and I'm proud to call him a friend.

He's been working on a soup'd up rifle to help in a couple specific needs and I find his work 'intriguing' and appears to be working great for him.

Hope you are doing well.

..........Widder

Howdy Krazy.

Blackhawk has a very keen mind when it comes to the inner workings of the Marlin and in such, we talk frequently and I'm proud to call him a friend.

He's been working on a soup'd up rifle to help in a couple specific needs and I find his work 'intriguing' and appears to be working great for him.

Hope you are doing well.

..........Widder

I got to handle his souped up rifle and he's "angling" to shorten up the stroke on it and I think he has....definitely seems a little shorter than the other SS Marlins he has. He definitely has it polished up too....really smooth action. His Sensei is teaching him well !

Kajun

Thanks Widder......I had a great time and I am trying to gather all the knowledge I can about the 94. I learned a lot, had some good BBQ, shot some guns and all in great company! Great way to spend a Sunday, many thanks.

I got to handle his souped up rifle and he's "angling" to shorten up the stroke on it and I think he has....definitely seems a little shorter than the other SS Marlins he has. He definitely has it polished up too....really smooth action. His Sensei is teaching him well !

Kajun

Lol....Blackhawk is like Capt Kirk.....goin' where NO man has gone before!

Archived