SASS Wire Forum

Springfield Armory comes through

Doc Nelson #19958

I thought I ought to relay my experience with Springfields limited lifetime warranty.

Back in the early 90's I bought a compact 1911 .45 from them. It has been my concealed carry all this time so it really hasn't been shot all that much and no modifications. Last fall my son took it out for a shooting session and after a few mags it double-tapped on him and the slide broke clean off about an inch and a quarter back from the front sight. Needless to say I was disappointed in the quality and durability. No injuries.

I let it sit until January and finally contacted S.A., they sent a tag for FedEx Express and I sent it in. I got it back yesterday, New slide, refinished and upgraded sights at NO COST TO ME.

There is snow on the ground but I am taking out my "new" gun today and giving it a good run, I expect it to be able to out shoot many of its more spendy cousins like it always has.

Doc Nelson

P.S. After a couple year hiatus I plan on a couple shoots this year, probably FC Gunfighter.

Howdy,

It would be interesting to get a Ruger a Colt and a Springfield, shoot all three

and see which one shot the longest before needing a repair.

BEst

CR

Archived