SASS Wire Forum

Shot timers

Deadeye George

I think having a timer to use during my practice sessions would add a little fun to my shooting so I'm looking at buying a timer for my own use. This may well be a toss up but I always value people's opinions over slick advertising claims so.......

Of those who have used or are familiar with both timers, does one have a reputation of lasting longer/holding up better than the other, easier to read in sunlight, easier to attach to clothing?

I am looking at two timers and they are identically priced and to the novice eye, appear to have the same if not similar features so........ any thoughts before I buy the "wrong one"?

1. Pact Club Shot 3

2. Competition Electronics Pocket Pro.

I prefer the Pocket Pro as it has straight forward controls for the different functions.

The Shot 3 requires pushing two buttons at once to change functions.

I also like the Pocket Pro II better than the Pocket Pro. It has better review functions without having to do math on the range.

Go with a Double Alpha Shotmax timer. After all the years practicing Cowboy with two holsters, a gun belt, and shotgun belt it was tough to find a place for a timer. The Shotmax timer can be wore like a wrist watch. It also has a ton of neat options that the other timers don't have.

Archived