SASS Wire Forum

Cross-Bolt Safety

So somewhere in the back of the safe is a .357 Winchester Trapper. Not the world's most desirable gaspipe perhaps, but hey... it is what it is.

And what it is, is missing the cross-bolt safety. Evidently removed by the PO. I can understand why he removed it; myself, I'm kind of ambivalent about 'em. Wouldn't necessarily buy a rifle just to have one, but then again I don't outright hate 'em as much as some folk - and yep, I understand why they don't like 'em.

But what I DO hate is seeing daylight through that Gawd-awful hole through the receiver - that sucka is HUGE! emo24.gif

Might anyone have an idea where to find a replacement...? It hasn't been fired in years, but I'm thinkin' it might be a decent "training rifle" for a certain young fella I know... ;)

Thanks, Lumpy! :)

Second link's blocked here at work ~ I'll check it out when I get home.

But I'm gonna be stoppin' at Lowes and/or Home Dee-Pot on the way home lookin' for a set of black "1/4 inch nylon hole covers." ;)

had one of those Winchesters in my early days with sass. every time you laid the rifle on the load table and pushed down to load. the safety went on. made a rare hole-in-the-wall Winchester out of it, but reinstalled before peddling it. that's the truth and I am sticking to it GW

Hey, Lumpy...

Haw!! :lol:

"1/4 inch nylon hole covers." ;)

A buck and a nickel and five seconds to snap in. ^_^

Trapper%201r_zpsu4qhb2je.jpg

Trapper%202r_zpsalaodss8.jpg

Archived