SASS Wire Forum

MICHIGAN - update ...a let down

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

....but...I truly think that when the bill is revived and brought back to him with this new legislation body..., maybe some minor changes in the legalities in the context of what is in the bill....he will sign it. Though I have to say I'm not pleased with the veto I can say that our governor is doing a good job overall and is very very good at looking at things and trying to work with the other side the best it can be done.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2015/01/15/michigan-gun-bill/21811411/

GG! From what I can gather, the bill needs a little cleanup in verbiage and a re-submit. All of the legal mumbo-jumbo allows for different interpretation of certain aspects of the bill. Makes you kinda wonder why plain language isn't more often used.

As I have time to reflect more on this I kind of feel that he caved in to outside state influences like Bloomberg and Giffords. Bloomberg put $3 million dollars into Governor Snyder's campaign. I feel this as looking at the legislation it still made a person under a court ordered restraining order unable to obtain a CPL. So we will have to see - as I mentioned in my OP he is doing a very good job overall in our state and I can simply hope that legislation can be put forward asap to remedy his concerns and that he signs it.

The fight continues - always :)

http://www.michigan.gov/snyder/0,4668,7-277--345433--,00.html

GG ~ :FlagAm:

GG! From what I can gather, the bill needs a little cleanup in verbiage and a re-submit. All of the legal mumbo-jumbo allows for different interpretation of certain aspects of the bill. Makes you kinda wonder why plain language isn't more often used.

Understood - we'll see what happens with this near legislation body - they are the most conservative in modern Michigan history - so that's a good thing.

What are the requirements to override a veto in Michigan, and how close was the original legislation to receiving that majority?

What are the requirements to override a veto in Michigan, and how close was the original legislation to receiving that majority?

Unfortunately the legislative body that presented this bill has been replaced with the new legislative body - nothing can be done.

Hoping the new body will take up this soon and present him with a more palatable version per his requirements.

Archived