SASS Wire Forum

Need some info from older Dixie Gunworks catalog

Buffalo Dick, SASS #12880

I have both the .50 cal Tennessee Mountain rifle and .32 Tennessee Squirrel Rifle built by Miroku and sold by Dixie, now discontinued.

Dixie always lists suggested ball size and patch thickness in their listings for their frontstuffers and I need that info for my .32. The oldest Dixie catalog I have is 2006 and the .32 is not listed. If someone has an older catalog with that info and can post or PM it I would deeply appreciate it. Actually, I could use the powder charge data as well although that might have to be PM'd to avoid the wrath of "she who must be obeyed." :lol:

Thanks!

Did you call Dixie and ask them to email that data to you?

Did you call Dixie and ask them to email that data to you?

I may do that if no one on the Wire has it but they're actually a pretty small operation and this rifle was discontinued years ago so I thought I'd try this first rather than bother them. I'm also in no real hurry.

Howdy:

My 1997 Dixie Catalog say that for the .32 cal Tennessee Mountain Rifle by Miroku uses a.310 ball and a .015 patch over 25 gr FFFg. Is that what you are looking for?

STL Suomi

Had one old timer tell me that for a ballpark maximum load, use the caliber - in your case "thirty-two" - as the grain weight. He suggested no dropping below 2/3 of that weight. Exceptions are anything under a thirty caliber - 22 grains in a .22 would be excessive.

Howdy:

My 1997 Dixie Catalog say that for the .32 cal Tennessee Mountain Rifle by Miroku uses a.310 ball and a .015 patch over 25 gr FFFg. Is that what you are looking for?

STL Suomi

That's exactly what I was looking for, many thanks!

I may do that if no one on the Wire has it but they're actually a pretty small operation and this rifle was discontinued years ago so I thought I'd try this first rather than bother them. I'm also in no real hurry.

I suggested you call Dixie because they ARE a small operation, as you say, with a family attitude towards their past, their history and their wealth of information retention. I used to deal with them a lot and was always surprised at the information they had available.

Anyway, I'm glad you received a quick positive response to you question!

Archived