SASS Wire Forum

Taliban in Pakistan

Yul Lose

Does anyone think the Pakistanis will try to drive the Taliban back into Afghanistan after their school attack yesterday? I fear that they will and our military forces left behind in Afghanistan will be left hanging when the Taliban launches their spring offensive.

Spo the Paks should leave the Taliban alone? They have been conducting major operations against the Taliban for awhile now. I expect they will continue. CETCOM is watching the situation very closely and I don't think our people in A stan will be in any increased peril. Kill em all, wherever they take refuge.

Does anyone think the Pakistanis will try to drive the Taliban back into Afghanistan after their school attack yesterday? I fear that they will and our military forces left behind in Afghanistan will be left hanging when the Taliban launches their spring offensive.

I'm sure Obama's got it covered. Perhaps he could go there and bow to some tribal leader. Or maybe give another speech condemning America. Or go to the UN and beg forgiveness.

He'll reassure them, 'If you like your peace, you can keep your peace."

I just saw a report that Pakistan says they will go after the Taliban, even if the Pakis have to go outside their own borders. Maybe this is the wakeup call for Pakistan that 9/11 or Pearl Harbor was to us. The other concern is what "rules of engagement" will be forced on our remaining troops in Afghanistan. Allegedly, they will not go on offensive actions, but will be allowed to return fire, if attacked. (Haven't we heard that somewhere before? <_<:(:angry:

As UB said, they have been going at the Taliban for a while now.

The school was apparently a favorite of the Pakistan elite (military/pol) and thus a reactive target for the Islamist scum given the escalation noted. The "elite" are likely more galvanized than intimidated.

It remains to be seen what the Pakistan public opinion about this is - galvanizing against the extremist attacks, or less so since it was the school for the "children of the elite"?

Archived