SASS Wire Forum

Good, Bad & Ugly; Tuco the gunsmith!

Outlaw Mike

I was watching Good, the Bad, & the Ugly last night (again) and had to chuckle when Tuco pulls out all the colt conversions and begins swapping parts... finally putting together the barrel from one, the cylinder from another, and the receiver and grip frame from a third. Wait a sec.. aren't those guns all hand fit? And he does it all just to hear the pawl sing just right?

It made me chuckle, especially when he shot the targets in half, then robbed the store keeper. I guess things were way different running a gun shop in the old west. Or, er.. they were just different in spaghetti westerns!

LOL :D

You got to love dem dare spaghetti westerns :P

Almost as bad a HOLLYWOOD :lol:

Well, I once ordered a modern-made cylinder with .427" throats (the original had .4245" throats!) for a Colt's Frontier Six Shooter (.44-40) by mail order. Figured to have it fit and timed by a local gunsmith. Just for fun, I installed it in the frame, and cocked it six or seven times. It locked up like a bank vault, as if it had already been timed! Considering the barrel is a 4-3/4", with .427" bullets, it is one of the most accurate sixguns I've owned! Even a blind pig finds a truffle now and then!

Archived