SASS Wire Forum

Price check: Fixed sight Ruger Old Army

A collector is selling his collection of guns. He has three fixed sight Ruger Old Armies. All new, unfired with boxes, etc. All are 7 1/2" barrels. One is bright stainless, one is brushed stainless, one is blued. He wants $750 each, have to buy all three. Good deal or no?

I'd say a little high, unless you really want them. The stainless go for just about that, 7-800. The blued really seem to fetch around 550-600. Add $250 each to the stainless if shorter 5 1/2 inch barrels. Another $100 for a short blued.

This link to completed auctions of Ruger Old Armys worked for me when I posted it, but when I tried it again after signing off and signing on again, I get the sign in page for Gunbroker.

If you go to Gunbroker and sign in, then click on the My Gunbroker link, then click on Advanced for the search function, then click on Completed Auctions, then do your search you should get info on what Ruger Old Armys have sold for.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/Completed%2FBCI.aspx?Keywords=Ruger+Old+Army&Timeframe=1

Thanks pards. I think it's a little high too. He had another bright stainless that he sold for $900 so he was hoping to get that for the others. He now realizes that was a fluke and they don't normally bring that kind of money. He's pretty firm on his price, I'll try to haggle him down some more.

There is some value in being able to verify the condition of the guns first hand. How far down would he have to come in order for you to grab them? Buy off Gunbroker and you may be facing shipping charges over and above the asking price. Some of the ones offered on the internet have suffered from insufficient cleaning, don't ask me how I know.

Just sayin', if you really really want ROAs, you can keep the pair you want, sell the third, and you might both be happy. I don't mind giving a friend a few bucks extra if I really want the gun. Keeps him on my side for future deals, you know.

Archived