SASS Wire Forum

M1 Carbine-Need parts and mechanic

My WWII Carbine quit ejecting today. Upon teardown I've found that the lug the gas piston nut screws into is split and the castle nut has jumped into a cross thread postion. The piston is locked solid. I'm guessing it will need a new barrel threaded into the receiver. Where's the best place to go for parts and service? The barrel is dated 1943, I'm guessing it's out of warranty!

My WWII Carbine quit ejecting today. Upon teardown I've found that the lug the gas piston nut screws into is split and the castle nut has jumped into a cross thread postion. The piston is locked solid. I'm guessing it will need a new barrel threaded into the receiver. Where's the best place to go for parts and service? The barrel is dated 1943, I'm guessing it's out of warranty!

Horse Hair---Try Gun Parts or goggle .30 cal. carbine/M-1 there are several M-1/Carbine sites with blogs.

Howdy,

I took a look over on gunbroker and they sure have a lot of carbines for sale.

Some high priced some pretty reasonable.

Didn't check sold listing.

Let us know what CMP says.

Best

CR

Think you may find that a criterion barrel, is actually cheaper to purchase and have installed, then a "genuine old barrel" that will also have to be checked for headspace.

Archived