SASS Wire Forum

The Youngest Holocaust Survivor from Oskar Schindler’s List, Now 75, Tells her Story

Subdeacon Joe

Thank God a remnant was rescued from the flames. The Nazis didn't just kill 40 million people, they killed the future generations that the 40 million would have birthed. Cures for cancer and other diseases, development of new technologies, works of art, music and literature, all these were killed by the Nazi madness. Like rabies, only self-inflicted. Not to mention the 20 or 25 million killed by the Japanese. Herman Wouk, author of Winds of War and War and Remembrance, called WWII humanity's worst catastrophe. I must agree.

We've all heard of Oskar Schindler, but few have heard the story of "Nicky's Children": Sir Nicholas Winton and the 669 mostly Jewish children he saved. Sir Nicholas is still alive and will turn 105 in three weeks.

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Sgt Q, I think Wouk's two books you referenced are two of my favorite ever about WW2. I read them years ago and am seriously thinking of reading them again. After all. I have read Lonesome Dove & Something of Value three times!

Cheers Hoss C.

Schindler and Winton.

Humanity at it's absolute best.

Sgt Q, I think Wouk's two books you referenced are two of my favorite ever about WW2. I read them years ago and am seriously thinking of reading them again. After all. I have read Lonesome Dove & Something of Value three times!

Cheers Hoss C.

DO READ THEM AGAIN!!! I've read them at least half a dozen times in the last twenty five or so years, and they get better every time.

Archived