SASS Wire Forum

CZ Coach Gun

Frenchy Cannuck

Howdy Pards and Pardettes,

A friend is looking at getting a exposed hammer shotgun. Now here in Canada, we have a ready supply of Baikals, I have also found a "Wyatt Earp" by Pedersoli ( mucho moolla) and did come across a CZ Coach gun ( $$ not so bad ).

Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks

Frenchy for Silverado Jack

Guest Tommy Reb

Hello Frenchy. I had one for awhile. Nice gun, good fit and finish. I only had three issues with mine. First, the hammer springs must have been made from Model T Ford rear axle springs. I thinned them down until OK. Second, the hammers flare out a bit compared to the TTN I had been shooting. Not really a big deal, just takes a little getting use to. And, third, the gun is lighter in weight than I like. I realize that is just a personal preference and would be seen as an advantage to many.

I really did like my CZ Coach gun. However, I sold it because I liked the Pioneer Arms Greener even better.

TR

I like mine but it needed some work right out of the box. One hammer would stick and not fall. Sent it back under warranty. When I got it back, it happened again. Sent it back and CZ sent me a new gun. Started happening again with second gun. Took it to local gunsmith and he fixed it. Said the wood was rubbing against the hammer spring. Took off some of the wood to give it clearance.

100_0546.jpg

Hey Chilli Peper Kid,

Have you had any other work done to it or was it good pretty well out of the box?

Thanks

Frenchy

Hey Chilli Peper Kid,

Have you had any other work done to it or was it good pretty well out of the box?

Thanks

Frenchy

I'm not a very competitive shooter so it suits me but I should send it off for a action job. Springs are stiff and it takes a good pull to get it open. Hammers are further apart compared to others but I have big enuff hands to sweep the hammers with my thumb. If I was competitive I would get a TTN. However I really like the looks of the CZ.

I have CZ and like it quite well. When I first got it it was so stiff that I just about had to break it open over my knee, so i had TL work it over. Much easier to open now and the main springs are leaf rather than coil so there was a bit of tuning needed there as well, thanks TL great job. I just used it again this weekend. The only problem was I gotta REMEMBER TO COCK THE HAMMERS :o;) after I fire it.

The fit and finish is great, and the wood has real nice grain too.

By the time it gets to the door it'll likely be about $925.

Thanks for the feed back sounds like it would be a good buy.

Frenchy

Might look for a used Liberty II, same gun as the CZ at half the price.

Never heard of one of those!

Are they available in Canada?

Frenchy

Archived