SASS Wire Forum

Wish Us Luck!

This is California - I'm not optimistic, but absolutely support it!

"Gun Groups Consider Recall of Lawmakers"

Hardpan who is this group and how do I join,

CA Team SASS members: I urge you to jump in and take part!

You're active personal help is very much needed. You'll feel good about what you've done and your contributions will not only further our American ideals but will be an important part of the legacy you leave for your posterity.

Go forth and do good things!!!

Hardpan who is this group and how do I join,

Below is a link to a more comprehensive article. I get the impression that they're WE are just forming and organizing, and that the movement will be coordinated by a consortium of groups like California Rifle and Pistol Association, Calguns, and probably just about any state-centered shooting organization and club.

Now, a word of caution: the article in the link covers both sides and, to be blunt, the "opposition's" comments kinda p*ssed me off. Actually, no "kinda" about it.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_24381935/california-gun-control-votes-trigger-recall-attempts

Hopefully we'll be getting more information soon!

Field Poll results released in February found California voters by a 61 percent to 34 percent margin believed it more important to impose greater controls on gun ownership than to protect gun-ownership rights -- a wider margin than observed in three previous Field Polls on gun issues since 1999.

Hardpan I think I understand this statement but because of the way it is writen, I am going to play the dumb card, could you or somebody else explain it to me

Over 38 million souls in California. Approximately 8.4 million in the Bay Area and approx 17.9 million in the greater Los Angeles area. By far the preponderance of denizens of both areas have little or no understanding nor interest in shooting sports.

Now, of the registered voters in the state, 43.66% are Democrats, 29.36% Republicans, and the balance "other" or "declined to state." In the high-density areas, the populations are up to three-quarters Democrats. Republicans are in a majority only in the more sparsely populated regions.

Keep in mind that not all Republicans are avid shooting enthusiasts; actually, most have little or no interest in shooting sports. MOST, however, are not rabidly anti-shooting sports, although some may be. On the other hand, MOST Democrats support an anti-shooting sports agenda.

It's a numbers game. We have to fight, and fight hard for our rights. And we have only two viable fronts we can fight on: Being heard and educating the population, and the courts. Perhaps we can sway some minds with education; otherwise, in today's political arena we're simply overwhelmed and have to rely on judges.

And fight we shall. -_-

Archived