SASS Wire Forum

Pentax 20-60x80mm spotting scope

got an antelope tag next month and my old Eagle Optics Raven just can't cut it when trying to spot goats at long distance. Many good reviews on the Pentax but was wondering if anyone on the wire had one or had used one and could confirm or deny just how good they really are.

Pentax is certainly a great name in optics and one I would certainly consider if I was a serious BPCR or CMP shooter. However for a LOT less money you might want to take a look at the Konus 20-60x80mm scope.

I own one and the clarity is great from 50 to 300 yards. Here is some information: http://www.jarheadtop.com/KONUS.htm

~:Wylie:~

Darn fine scope in ALL regards! The suggestion of the Konus is also a very good scope and is quite under-rated.

Thanks for the input. I'm going to be trying to judge the pronghorns out to about 1-3 miles. One of the guys I was scouting with was using one of those swarvoskisopsidopsy things that was amazing but about 2-3 times more expensive.

About the only scope I know of at a reasonable price that will do what you want is the Vortex RAZOR. It is the best bargain in high end spotting scopes on the market. I host military teams here and see every high end scope available. The Razor is a bargain.

Archived