SASS Wire Forum

WOO HOO! Went Shootin'!

Griff

Probably an every weekend thing for some... but my J O B keeps me from being able to on any semblence of a regular occurence. And, while I've said this before, but today, I got to shoot with some of funnest, friendliest people today! Sorry you missed it Jed I. Knight! The "Table Rock Rangers" of White City, Oregon put on such a fun shoot, with a couple of challenging courses of fire, that I can completely ignore the fact that they shoot "in order" and use "total time" as their scoring method! But if they thought makin' me lead off on the last stage was hardship... they hadn't been paying attention when I shot the first four stages!

5 stages of Cowboy Action! 1873 in 45 Colt worked flawlessly, even if the operator was a little slow! Both Colts SAAs worked similarly! And the 1878 Colt side by side is a tank! Missed one pistol, one rifle and had to make up one shutgun! Slow, but any day shootin' beats a day workin'! Well, dern, I still had to get in a LITTLE workin' today, but only so's tomorrow is easy. But... I gotta wonder... did they just welcome me back because I finished LAST??? :ph34r:

If you don't make a necessity to shot with these folks, it's probably a good thing... as you'll just be ice water on a hot date! :D

Was nice meeting and shootin with you today Griff,always nice to meet new SASS folks from different parts of the country.

Hope you can stop by and send some lead down range with us again sometime.

Royal Flush

... Sorry you missed it Jed I. Knight! ...

Well, by gosh and by golly I sure wish I coulda been there too Pard. I don't know what fibs that band of ne'er do wells may have told you about my whereabouts but I was getting ready to host my first CMSA Annual Match with the KZ Renegades.

Glad ya had fun, we'll see ya down the trail.

Archived