SASS Wire Forum

New springs for my uberti's

Russ T. Sites

Had my wire spring break on my 1873 uberti cattleman break it lasted 2 years , anyhow I'm going to replace the trigger spring in both pistols I never really liked the hair trigger. I'm thinking of going back to a flat spring . What springs have you used with a good trigger pull not to mushy no hair trigger but better than stock and last good

Had my wire spring break on my 1873 uberti cattleman break it lasted 2 years , anyhow I'm going to replace the trigger spring in both pistols I never really liked the hair trigger. I'm thinking of going back to a flat spring . What springs have you used with a good trigger pull not to mushy no hair trigger but better than stock and last good

I've had more flat springs break than wire (0 broken wire). I like the Gunslinger spring kits. Come with a new wire trigger/bolt spring and a reduced power mainspring. Mine end up with a smooth 2.5 - 3 lb pull. I got mine from Longhunter, I think.

Al

The "hair trigger" is not the result of the spring. While you have it apart you need to check the angle cut on the trigger sear and match it to the full cock step on the hammer. If you want to replace the Trigger/Bolt spring with a flat spring, look into a Pietta Trigger/Bolt spring.

Coffinmaker

The "hair trigger" is not the result of the spring. While you have it apart you need to check the angle cut on the trigger sear and match it to the full cock step on the hammer. If you want to replace the Trigger/Bolt spring with a flat spring, look into a Pietta Trigger/Bolt spring.

Coffinmaker

Why the pietta spring ? Will it require fitting which one Wolff or through vti

Archived