SASS Wire Forum

Remington NOT leaving NY

Chantry

I didn't expect any of the major gun companies to move. They have so much invested in infrastructure it would be difficult economically. And the states they reside in will try to give a lot of incentives to stay.

That's just the way it is I guess. Business first.

I just checked again to make sure that I don't have any....nope. won't either... deal with the devil.

I didn't expect any of the major gun companies to move. They have so much invested in infrastructure it would be difficult economically. And the states they reside in will try to give a lot of incentives to stay.

That's just the way it is I guess. Business first.

I'm not so sure, I think that if they don't move they may, rightly or wrongly, face a boycott of their products. While Colt might survive such a boycott, Stag Arms probably wouldn't. I think Colt, Stag, Mossberg & Ruger are all considering what options they have. I also think it unrealistic for them to say one way or another what they are going to do less then a week since the bill was signed.

According to Fox news this morning - Stag is moving!

The article is incorrect/poorly written. I live in CT. PTR is leaving by the end of the year, Stag has NOT stated they are moving

Archived