SASS Wire Forum

Reloading Components-New Brass

Gold Canyon Kid #43974

For all the hype about shortages of reloading components, I ordered 1000 38 spl cases from Starline a week ago. Got confirmation that it was shipped and charged to my card. Starline makes runs of certain calibers and can predict pretty well when a certain caliber will be avail. They had said earlier that it would be avail 3/8 and they beat that estimate.

GCK, my experience with Starline is the same. They overestimate their shipping date. I wish airlines did the same with the schedules. I wouldn't have trouble with connecting flights.

The last primer shortage caused most of us to always have at least a couple year's primer supply on hand.

I got into this game last fall and reloading along about November. Didn't realize the election and subsequent tragedy would trigger the insanity that has

taken place. I have managed to find enough small pistol magnum primers to last a few months but will be stocking up as soon as I can.

No problems with brass, or even primers (thanks to too many years of buying extra whenever I could). However, have you tried to find bullets for 223 lately? My bad I guess. The rifle is fairly new and I had not yet started gathering reloading supplied for it (except for collecting my brass) when all the shelves went empty. Never make that mistake again.

Archived