SASS Wire Forum

Cimarron 73 Saddle Gun- mag capacity?

Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life

Anyone know how many rounds of .45 LC you can put in the magazine. Gun is a Saddle Carbine with an 18" barrel. Nothing about it on the Cimarron website.

I shot a 45Colt lever boy that was a 19" carbine at a SASS match some time ago.

It had zero issue holding ten rounds. While my 16" 94 could only hold 9.

Based on these two lever guns' capacities; I'd guess an 18" 73 would hold ten.

Interesting enough, they list the capacity of their 16" 73 as ten... Maybe the size of their receiver allows this as a 16" 94 should have a magazine tube of roughly the same length?

Interesting enough, they list the capacity of their 16" 73 as ten... Maybe the size of their receiver allows this as a 16" 94 should have a magazine tube of roughly the same length?

The Cimarron 16" trapper carbine has a proprietary spring and magazie tube cap to allow holding ten full-length cartridges. Also, when loading a '92 or '94, all the cartridges go into the magazine. On a '66 and '73, the last round loaded is in the frame (in the carrier).

The Cimarron 16" trapper carbine has a proprietary spring and magazie tube cap to allow holding ten full-length cartridges. Also, when loading a '92 or '94, all the cartridges go into the magazine. On a '66 and '73, the last round loaded is in the frame (in the carrier).

Thanks Abilene... That makes sense. I'm waiting on a Rossi trapper that I might get to feed 44 russians reliably.

I'm buying one from Evil Roy and when i posted the question I hadn't had a chance to talk to him yet. When I talked to him he said he shoots a Brush Popper in .45 for Wild bunch and has no problem getting 10 in it's shorter magazine. He mention that OAL length of the loaded round has to be watched carefully. Think about it..... a tenth of an inch longer OAL would make the 10 rounds in the mag 1" longer.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Archived