SASS Wire Forum

OT - Observations

Howdy

I think the gun shows are pretty much over with here in the US. They will make the purchase of a firearm so difficult no one will go (and remember, you are being watched all the time by big brother - and listened too, and your mail screen) The American people have forgotten NAZI Germany and the Soviet Union -which used five steps into the abyss:

1 - Identification - Identify the group (Patriots, gun owners)

2 - Isolation - don't let your kids go to their house - avoid contact with them - they are dangerous etc

3.- Demonization - Gun owners and patriots are Nuts, homicidal, maniacal Dangerous crackpots - etc

4.- Incarceration - these dangerous nut jobs must be locked up for their own good and our safety.

5.- Elimination - They cannot be stopped - we must eliminate they (sic - exterminate).

Sound familiar? What stage are we at now? 3 going to 4? The young kids do not recall the path the oppressors took to accomplish their goals. THey are patient and will deliver the death of a thousand cuts over years if required - we are being pecked to death by a duck.

I have read so many posts on how this or that person will do this or that. Unfortunately, it sounds a lot like "beer talk." most of us will make a feint hearted attempt to avoid the obvious confiscation, some, a very few, will physically resist, and the rest will bemoan their situation and "mooo and baaaa" into compliance. One post mention the IRS being the tool of destruction, I agree. That and enormous tax burdens will put all but the very wealthy out of the gun ownership circle. Unless there is a change in the culture itself, we are doomed. Now, back to my oatmeal and wait to see how long this post will last.

STL Suomi

If your lifestyle is similar to Cousin Eddie, then it might be a good thing that people don't hang around.

As to gun shows, if background checks are required for all transactions, it isn't the end of the world. There are still party to party private transactions.

My view is that all this will blow over. The Big O has a lot of fights on his hands this year with the debt ceiling and immigration reform. I don't think he'll waste what little political capital he has on something the republicans will fight tooth and nail.

But that's just me.

I pray Sir that your fervent desire and that of your like minded foes of the great American experiment, that in the words of Abraham Lincoln, was conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal, shall fail to extinguish the God given desire of all men to be free to pursue their own destiny.

+2 w/ the Sea Cow.... all that foregoing BS would be true except for one thing..... AMERICANS ARE BUYING THE BEJEEEEEESUS OUT OF GUNS. Even my liberal ex-wife's uber liberal hubby asked my oldest son to take him down to buy a carry gun and to the range for training. Then they all got her to get one and now they all three are going to a defensive handgun course together.

That's not just an anecdotal incident. It's happening all over.

Archived