SASS Wire Forum

Dust off yor brain archives...

Long Jim Hancock

What year were Classic Cowboy and B Western added?

Was it BW in 2005 and CC in 2006?

NOPE!

Looks like Classic Cowboy was prior to 2003 according to this link on the White Mtn Regulators website for the TG Summit in 2003: TG Agenda vote results for WMR

"B" WESTERN CATEGORY was added 2006?

"This, non official Category, will be offered at the 2005 End Of Trail." According to the TG Summit agenda discussion 2005: TG Summit news

Hi Jim,

BW was voted in at the 2005 Summit and implemented in 2006.

By process of deduction and if my memory serves me, CC was implemented in 2003. Hubby shot it and won the first year it was offered at 5 Dogs, the CA state match, which was 2003. Scores are here. It was not listed in 2002.

Regards,

Allie

I started shooting CAS in 2002 at The Texas Regulators in Tomball, TX.(the club is closed). For most of that year and into 2003, I shot two-handed like most. Realizing that Gene and Roy shot one-handed, I started shooting duelist. In September of 2003, CVV put on the SWR, Showdown at Buck Creek and offered Classic Cowboy. I didn't have all the required guns, but it did not matter, I did not do well at my first big shoot. All guns were stolen in early '04. Home owner insurance came though. Bought a '66, hammered double, and two vaqueros. I've been shooting CLASSIC COWBOY ever since.

Ghost

Hi Jim,

BW was voted in at the 2005 Summit and implemented in 2006.

By process of deduction and if my memory serves me, CC was implemented in 2003. Hubby shot it and won the first year it was offered at 5 Dogs, the CA state match, which was 2003. Scores are here. It was not listed in 2002.

Regards,

Allie

Thanks SWEETIE! Other than FCGunfighter, those two were the most recent categories adopted... 6 and 10 years ago, soon to be 7 and 11.

Thanks SWEETIE! Other than FCGunfighter, those two were the most recent categories adopted... 6 and 10 years ago, soon to be 7 and 11.

...nice job pluggin' that FCGunfighter category that many of us want... <_<

...nice job pluggin' that FCGunfighter category that many of us want... <_</>

I don't get your <_< ...FCG IS a valid category.

I don't get your <_< ...FCG IS a valid category.

Sorry, LJ...but FCGF is NOT an "officially recognized" SASS category.

REF: SHB pp.12-15

Archived