SASS Wire Forum

Question about a possible new revolver.

Dorado

In the local Academy Black Friday ad, they have a Heritage .22lr single action revolver for $100. Is it worth it? I mean it'd only be for plinking and maybe squirrel hunting. Is it worth the $100 or not? Never heard of them before so I'm just curious before I go blow money on something I cannot return. What do Y'all think?

Here's a link to it.

They are American made guns.

They have sleeved barrels and cylinders.

And a ugly safety in the left side.

BUT 100 is a good price .

I have a Pard who has one and seems to like it well enough.

It ant no Ruger single six.

But if you dont have a .22 single action .

Its better than NONE !

Kinda what I was thinking.

They're not bad. But remember, you usually always get what you pay for. Personally I don't like the flip up hammer block safety on them. Several years ago I bought a Uberti 22lr/22mag from Cimarron. They called it the Stallion. Now they have one called the Plinkerton and you can get it in 22lr or the 22lr/22mag combo. It's a lot better gun than the Heritage Rough Rider, which incidently has been around a number of years. I believe Walmart & K-Mart carried them back when they still sold handguns.

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/cartridge-revolvers/pinkerton-sa-1.html

My wife had a pair of them, 3 1/2 inch barrel with birdhead pearl grips......They were ugly as sin but they shot dead on and functioned well.....I think we put somewhere around a few thousand rounds through them with no problems.

I think I paid around $120 each and that was probably eight years ago.......so, yeah....I don't think it's a bad price......and it beats not having one!

The Cimarron .22s are good guns too......very much worth the money. The price is a bit higher, but so is the quality. IMHO

~EE Taft~

Kinda what I was thinking.

Me too!! I had one of these, order a .22 mag cylinder for it from Heritage and it rolled right in and worked. The only reason I sold it was to get a Colt Frontier Scout at a great deal. The Heritage was a good shooting' .22.

:) Rye

They're not bad. But remember, you usually always get what you pay for. Personally I don't like the flip up hammer block safety on them. Several years ago I bought a Uberti 22lr/22mag from Cimarron. They called it the Stallion. Now they have one called the Plinkerton and you can get it in 22lr or the 22lr/22mag combo. It's a lot better gun than the Heritage Rough Rider, which incidently has been around a number of years. I believe Walmart & K-Mart carried them back when they still sold handguns.

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/cartridge-revolvers/pinkerton-sa-1.html

The Heritage Rough Rider is American made .

We are all ready flushing the toilet on America .

Lets try to support a company that is still hear.

If it was not a matter of $$$$ buy a new or used Ruger Single Six.

For 100.00 buy the American made gun .

Save your money ,When you were it out ,Buy a Ruger. :wub:

Ended up walking out with a grill and a fish finder. So much for the .22. lol

Archived