SASS Wire Forum

Lone Ranger -- Looking good!

Went to see Lincoln this morning and they had the first long commercial for the Lone Ranger. It looks like it is going to be really good. You don't know it's the lone Ranger until 2/3's of the way through the trailer. Looks like lots of railroad action along the lines of Hell on Wheels. And, as far as Lincoln is concerned, Daniel Day-Lewis will almost certainly win best actor. It felt like you were in the presence of Lincoln.

From what I have heard on radio interviews with historians that have seen it, it is very historically accurate. Except for a few scenes, the entire movie takes place in January of 1865. It shows the politics of the time and it makes today's politics look pretty tame.

It is about getting Congress to abolish slavery before the post civil war southern states are represented again in congress, per reviews I have read.

Shucks, now you done gone and ruined the plot! :lol:/>

Lincoln was equally worried the Emancipation Proclamation would be declared unconstitutional and needed the 13th Amendment to ensure slavery was and would remain abolished.

Shucks, now you done gone and ruined the plot! :lol:/>/>

Lincoln was equally worried the Emancipation Proclamation would be declared unconstitutional and needed the 13th Amendment to ensure slavery was and would remain abolished.

Blame the Az Republic for a long review in today's paper. Tommy Lee Jones had a great review also, maybe best supporting actor candidate.

Here we go. The first trailer for the new Lone Ranger movie. I'm gonna see it.

Looks great, can't wait!

:) Rye

Archived