SASS Wire Forum

Woody Strode Mares Leg

Indian Jack.

I was watching the 12 minute opening scene for "Once Upon a Time in the West" starring Jack Elam, Woody Strode, and another actor as "Frank's Men" who are sent to kill Charles Bronson. I was able to freeze frame the Mare's Leg that Woody Strode was carrying and in particular the trigger actuator in the triggerguard. It is different from the Chuck Connors device which was a simple bolt through the trigger guard. But if an enterprising gunsmith/welder was able to recreate the device in the triggerguard of the gun that Woody Strode had, it would certainly be a fun gun to have and shoot. I dont think it is any different from the "crank type" actuators on some .22 automatics, or any other device as the trigger resets each time and the gun still shoots one shot on each "pull" of the trigger.

Before any naysayers blow through their blood pressure pill supply, remember I said it would be a fun gun and certainly not be SASS legal.

(In Texas it should be legal....maybe not in Kalifornia or Illinois)

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u418/patripley/WoodyStrode2.jpg

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u418/patripley/WoodyStrode1.jpg

The problem I see is it doesn't appear to be adjustable. Not that big a deal if you are shooting blanks, which have little or no pressure to speak of to deal with.

I've done several of these now.

TRIGGER TRIP RIFLEMAN

It is imperative that the locking bolts are fully up/engaged before the gun fires. If everything is in perfect condition and because the 92 has a passive safety that holds the firing pin back until the lever is fully up the gun won't fire. But, if there is slack or wear it wuold be possible to fire out of battery. The adjustable screw allows you to make sure the lever is fully up before it trips the trigger.

When I was a kid I had a toy Rifleman rifle and it had a flip on/off lever that could be extended to engage the trigger or pushed back against the trigger guard to return the trigger to normal. WW

I remember I had one of those too. the little lever folded flush on the triggerguard.

The problem I see is it doesn't appear to be adjustable. Not that big a deal if you are shooting blanks, which have little or no pressure to speak of to deal with.

I've done several of these now.

TRIGGER TRIP RIFLEMAN

It is imperative that the locking bolts are fully up/engaged before the gun fires. If everything is in perfect condition and because the 92 has a passive safety that holds the firing pin back until the lever is fully up the gun won't fire. But, if there is slack or wear it wuold be possible to fire out of battery. The adjustable screw allows you to make sure the lever is fully up before it trips the trigger.

Cool....bam bam bam! :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived