SASS Wire Forum

Rossi first round levered up problems

Sweet Jenny- Lynne

Howdy to any one that can help. A friend of mine has a Rossi 92 in 45 cal.When loaded with ten rounds the first round levered up to chamber (no chambering problem)is always harder to lever than the following nine rounds that lever smooth and easy. I told him mabey to much spring pressure in the mag tube making the last round loaded at an angle. Any ideas thanks

Regards Dutch Dave Holland SASS #13585

The rounds don't actually get much sideways. However, I'd be looking at the mag spring anyway. Too much spring will cause binding.

Plus 1. Almost surely there is too much magazine spring tention. Can't think of a thing other than that, which would cause that particular problem.

RBK

Howdy to any one that can help. A friend of mine has a Rossi 92 in 45 cal.When loaded with ten rounds the first round levered up to chamber (no chambering problem)is always harder to lever than the following nine rounds that lever smooth and easy. I told him mabey to much spring pressure in the mag tube making the last round loaded at an angle. Any ideas thanks

Regards Dutch Dave Holland SASS #13585

Probably not the mag spring although some are way longer than needed. Most likely it has more to do with the last round getting caught on the front edge of the loading gate instead of moving back to the stop on the carrier. The loading gate may be loose but it can just be poorly fitted.

The tell is open the action about 3/4 then look down inside and if the round is canted slightly sideways and it looks like the rim in stopped on the front of the loading gate. The rim should be past the front of the loading gate.

hope this helps

Archived