SASS Wire Forum

I've been saying this kind of thing for years

Subdeacon Joe

What's really weird is that they get offended when I use the "I'm pro-choice, you can have your choice of any gun you can afford to buy" line on them. Or when I ask them why the consistently support anti-civil rights legislation. (hey, if all the other rights listed in the BoR are 'civil rights' then the RKBA must be one too).

There you go again with logic, making sense of the matter.

Don'tcha know that guns kill, people don't. Well at least that is

the way of it in PC Land. We can all join hands and sing

kumbaya and dance in the sand. Dang, this feels good. :)

<Rant On :angry: >

I used a similar argument on my siblings. I asked them to tell me the last time they saw a handgun running down the street randomly shooting at people. One sibling said "Don't be ridiculous". The other was at a loss for words. I have told them many times, if you take the human equation out of gun related crimes, you have an inanimate object which will do nothing until the human causes it to happen. Taking the gun out of gun related crimes isn't going to stop crime. You have to take the criminal out of the crime. They can't fathom that.

<Off my soap box now. Sorry. :blush: >

Calamity {The only gun owner in a VERY liberal family} Kris

Well, I for one am right proud of you, Kris. Good argument. Deaf ears are not very useful and if the wearer doesn't realize that, I guess it is a lost cause.

Those that do not like firearms, will chose to not like fire arms and paint those that do like firearms as extreme.

Now if you were to threaten to outlaw their use of an automobile or a cell phone, we would hear a different story. That is their "Right". Look at the resistance to TEXTING while DRIVING. How crazy is that.

<Rant On :angry: >

I used a similar argument on my siblings. I asked them to tell me the last time they saw a handgun running down the street randomly shooting at people. One sibling said "Don't be ridiculous". The other was at a loss for words. I have told them many times, if you take the human equation out of gun related crimes, you have an inanimate object which will do nothing until the human causes it to happen. Taking the gun out of gun related crimes isn't going to stop crime. You have to take the criminal out of the crime. They can't fathom that.

<Off my soap box now. Sorry. :blush: >

Calamity {The only gun owner in a VERY liberal family} Kris

You have my problem, Kris, trying to alter an emotional reaction with logic. To quote one un-named CA politician (Koretz, D-W. Hollywood) when he was asked what he knew about the .50 BMG rifles he wanted banned, "I don't know anything about them. I just know they are bad."

Of course, St. John Chrysostom wrote in the late 5th century, "The man of understanding (the word also translates as "reason") does not blame the sword for murder, wine for drunkenness, courage for foolhardiness, nor strength for outrage, but places the blame on him who makes an improper use of the gifts God has bestowed on him, and punishes him accordingly." He may have been expanding on Cicero, who wrote, 'The sword does not commit murder, it is but a tool in the hands of the murderer."

I've pointed out to some that they want to push their religious views on me with their anti-civil rights laws. When they look at me funnily, I tell them bluntly that they are either animists or shamanists who seem to believe that inanimate objects either have a life and will of their own and can act without human intervention, or have some sort of power and can cast spells on people causing them to commit crimes. I get blank looks back.

Archived