SASS Wire Forum

Pioneer gun works short stroke kits

I don't have access to a rifle with one of their new super short kits. How do these stack up against the standard kits as far a levering effort smoothness etc. I have a codymatic in 44/40 and just wanted to try one of Pioneers kits. Let m know what you think. Thanks

Just a heads up u will need a new lever as well if you intend to install the kit in your Cody rifle. Also headspace could change as well. Not impossible hurdles just something to think about.

I have one of each- short and super short from Pioneer Gun Works. I put in both kits, and eventually sent each to Pioneer for other things and to be slicked up. I have handled a lot of slick rifles, and have yet to find any as good as my normal short stroke. I am NOT saying anything about anyone elses rifle here, just that this particular one is fantastic. My super short is pretty nice, but has a little less mechanical advantage than the normal short stroke. For this reason, not as smooth.

I have shot a number of Cody's rifles, and all have been great. You will feel more lever effort with a super short stroke when you go slow. When you are running the rifle full speed, you won't notice any difficulty with the action, just a little shorter stroke. I haven't measured, but a Cody feels about the same length throw as my normal short stroke.

In the end, I think you will be happy with either one.

I just recently tried the new version of Pioneer super Short & I really like it,I've had Cody Matics and Cody does a great job and stands behind his stuff but if u want a shorter stroke I'd give it a try.

Running the guns hard in a match or whatever your probaly not going to notice which is smoother like just others have said.

What I like about the new Pioneer Super Short is it does not start loading up right away so the begining when you are first opening lever is easier some others I have felt.

Like Deuce said though you will need a new lever since yours has been modified.

AO

Archived