SASS Wire Forum

>>>TRADED<<<Just can't get used to my 1887....

Gun has been traded. Thanks for all who responded.

I have a Coyote Cap WCSE-18 with the action work and load 2 mod. that I just can't seem to get the hang of. Decided to trade (I already picked up a SxS) and want to see what's out there that you may want to trade for it. This shotgun looks new and is in excellent shape. Original box. Have not seen too many of these to evaluate pricing, so if you have something that you think may be fair, let me know. Open to pistols, rifles (both in 45 Colt only) or anything interesting. All FFL rules apply.

As posts below have schooled me, a fair trade value should be around $750-$775.

TT

TT - I've got 2 of these shotguns from the original shipment. One is the "deluxe" model and one is the standard. I know that Cap put a lot of work into all of these original guns and probably lost money on the deal. Cimmaron wants $1300+ for their new 1887's and they're on Cap's site for somewhere over $1000. I'll be very interested to see what response you get to your post. Best regards, SM

Kinda hard to offer a "fair" trade when we don't know what value you place on the 87. It would help if you put a selling price that you would be comfortable with, you know what you paid for it. This way a offer to purchase, as well as a "fair" trade offer can be made.

Kinda hard to offer a "fair" trade when we don't know what value you place on the 87. It would help if you put a selling price that you would be comfortable with, you know what you paid for it. This way a offer to purchase, as well as a "fair" trade offer can be made.

I understand your point and I would really like to put that in the post, but I acquired this along with other items and cash, so there really is no "exact" cost that I have. I have been unable to find any current sales of these in the research I have done, so that's no help. The only thing I can find is what Coyote Cap has listed as a new one which is $824.95. I have received some offers so far, and they seemed reasonable. So to I guess it would be a reasonable assumption that somewhere below his price just because it is used although could pass as new.

TT

I have a Coyote Cap WCSE-18 with the action work and load 2 mod. that I just can't seem to get the hang of. Decided to trade (I already picked up a SxS) and want to see what's out there that you may want to trade for it. This shotgun looks new and is in excellent shape. Original box. Have not seen too many of these to evaluate pricing, so if you have something that you think may be fair, let me know. Open to pistols, rifles (both in 45 Colt only) or anything interesting. All FFL rules apply.

TT

TT, I sold mine last year for $775. It was like new and had a recoil pad but no engraving. Hope that helps.

I paid $400 for a used 06 Norinco last year, then sent it to CC for some work ($207...?), about $20 shipping, so around $630 so far on mine. I corresponded with him last week and there may be some other problems to fix, so it could hit $700 easy enough.

Thanks for the input Slow Poke and J Bar. Now we have a basic value for consideration.

Appreciate the help.

TT

got a new one at the gun show today $500.00

Peddler

Kinda hard to believe you bought the same thing. Can't buy them new from Coyote Cap for that. Heres the link for the "exact" gun. http://www.coyotecap.com/mod__'87_wcse.htm

No response is warranted.....Hope you enjoy what you bought.

TT

Kinda hard to believe you bought the same thing. Can't buy them new from Coyote Cap for that. Heres the link for the "exact" gun. http://www.coyotecap.com/mod__'87_wcse.htm

No response is warranted.....Hope you enjoy what you bought.

TT

Difference being, that off the shelf and tuning by cap to feed and function as we need them to is not the same thing :blink:

When you find one with just a action job without all the other bells and whistles it is.

Don't need all the chock tubes, fancy sights to make it work and shoot.

When you find one with just a action job without all the other bells and whistles it is.

Don't need all the chock tubes, fancy sights to make it work and shoot.

You are right. I have seen them with action jobs only and no drop 2 mod. for under that price, but kinda like apples and oranges. When you said you found a new one at a gunshow for that price, I kinda knew it wasn't the exact same gun. Oh well. We both accomplished what we wanted, so all is right with the world. Thanks and have a great day....

TT

I had a brand X (Norinco I think?) 1887 that I had Lassiter do the work on it (2 shot conversion and tune up). I know just buying the gun new and Lassiter's work got my cost up to over $600.00 bucks. So at least offer that if not more since his gun is a better one to start with. The 2 shot is a blast and if you get used to it, you'll wonder how you ever did without it. Smithy.

Archived