SASS Wire Forum

Ruckus at Red Rock

Stumble Leena

I had the BEST time at Ruckus at Red Rock in Hurricane/St George Utah.

The stages were quick and fun! The food was good and the creamed Ice Cream was to dye for!

Second Fiddle Sue and Blastmaster (MD and assistant MD, ) did and a terrific job, couldn't ask for more than that.

Nice people, nice posse, and all around nice match.

Thank you to all the Dixie Desperado's for a job well done.

Stumble Leena + :wub:

The Rukus this year is going to be a tough act to follow by this or any other club. Several very experienced shooters adopted a bunch of successful match elements and put them in one outstanding match. Congratulations to all for a great event. Ruff Cobb

There were more shooters at the Ruckus at Redrock than at the Stampede. Both events on same weekend.

Reason???

Must have been the ice cream vendor that Stumble Leena mentioned. :rolleyes: Yes, ice cream was very good.

Thanks to all 135 shooters and the guest that attended. You folks, made the match the sucess that it was.

Blastmaster,

PS, I believe 'all' official catagories were reconized in the main match awards, irreguardless if there was only one, which I think the smallest had two shooters..

Did you hear that nine (9) firearms were opportunity drawing(1)/given(8) away at this match? PLUs numerous $50/$25 certificates and boxes of bullets as door prizes. A Chronograph and gift basket too. Heck, door prizes were handed out left and right at the side match awards (ribbons and paper awards) cerimony on Fridady afternoon.

:rolleyes:

Blastmaster :)

And the scores were all available online before the banquet food got cold. I hate waiting for scores, so it was great to have them available to peruse as soon as I could get to a computer.

Oh, did I mention that I do the scores :P:blush:

And the scores were all available online before the banquet food got cold. I hate waiting for scores, so it was great to have them available to peruse as soon as I could get to a computer.

Oh, did I mention that I do the scores :P:blush:

Thank you WW for doing the scores. I truely appreciate your super quick turn around time on the scoring. I still am amazing at how you could enter in 135 shooters, shooting six (6) stages (final day) in what??? less than 4 hours? On top of that,,, MC the awards at the banquet the night of the final day of shooting. Awesome job William Waddy. Just simply awesome and he used his own scoring program.

Thank you too for MCing the banquet. You and Second Fiddle Sue were a team and kept the awards plus door prize give aways moving along at a good, but respective clip.

Did you see from SFS survey that the vast majority of the entries got their match info from the Dixie Desperados Website...... which...... BTW,,,,,, you maintain...

William Waddy, what a remarkable cowboy and club member you are. Salute.

Blastmaster

DANG I wish I'd been able to join you. Oh well, will definitely make room on next year's calendar.

One question though, the Assistant Match Director won top overall??? How does THAT happen??? :blink:

(Oooooo I'm a baaaaaad boy. :P )

Way to go pard!!!

So sorry I could not make it but it sure looks like you would have whomped me pretty good!

Congrats on your overall win and I knew the match was gonna be fun just by all the hard work you and Second Fiddle Sue put into it!

Kudo's to all who helped you put it on.

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

DANG I wish I'd been able to join you. Oh well, will definitely make room on next year's calendar.

One question though, the Assistant Match Director won top overall??? How does THAT happen??? :blink:

(Oooooo I'm a baaaaaad boy. :P )

Ahhhh!! Assistant Match Director had the foresight to select the very best, most strongest Posse Marshals/RO's that attended the match to lead, guide and mentor the nine (9) possees. There was a Posee/co-posse walk through where the stage was read, intent of stage was discussed and all the cans/can-nots of what a shooter could do was discussed and agreed upon. On top of that, Assistant Match Director wrote the stages where there were no doubts of how to shoot it. Transilates to,,,, Assistant Match Director did not have to make the YMTC, calls. As well, the stages were written to be fast, close, easy, fun, variable, room for lattitude for the experienced shooters, straight forward to all. with all that, Assistant Match Director was able to focus on shooting and not be bothered with match stuff.

The hardest stage was an optional reload of one round of a pistol and shooting at a large target 12feet away stage. Yes, a shooter commented about doing this optional reload.

there you go..

BTW, Assistant Match Director wrote the stages from 400 miles away without the benifit of shooting any of the stages on site. I knew from a photo, how may doors/windows/stumps/hay bales per stage and number of targets per bay.

Blastmaster

Way to go pard!!!

So sorry I could not make it but it sure looks like you would have whomped me pretty good!

Congrats on your overall win and I knew the match was gonna be fun just by all the hard work you and Second Fiddle Sue put into it!

Kudo's to all who helped you put it on.

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Thanks Gateway.

I was in my grove and I left nothing on the table. You would have had to shoot your best to go around me. You are capable of doing just that.

As you know, help putting on a match is exhausting and that perhaps actually helped me, my aderaline was tapped out and I was calm, at peace and in the groove.

BTW, I first thought that I would not be able to shoot the match because of the responsibility of making sure the match ran superbly. Match did, I did, the plan came together.

BTW, I did not RO, I had a very capable shooter take that job and he did it well! He also passed the timer off to equally capable RO's.

Blastmaster

Assistant Match Director was able to focus on shooting and not be bothered with match stuff.

Ain't that a wonderful thing? I know the shooters you were up against and winning top overall among THAT bunch is a huge accomplishment. Congrats and I look forward to being able to shoot with you again sometime soon. :FlagAm:

Ain't that a wonderful thing? I know the shooters you were up against and winning top overall among THAT bunch is a huge accomplishment. Congrats and I look forward to being able to shoot with you again sometime soon. :FlagAm:

I too look forward to shooting with you...

I told you the weekend before, that you would be sorry in not shooting the Ruckus at Red Rock 2012... Thinking those nine (9) guns being passed out, one way or the other, at the banquet. PLUS, PLUS all the other valuable door prices. :)

Thank the Match Director for the door prices.... She busted her xyz in getting them and all the other 50+ sponsors.,,,,, with a weee bit of assistance from Wolfy.

Thanks Wolfy, for your support to the MD.

Blastmaster

You are welcome Blastmaster...........working with Candy is always a pleasure...and we have lots of laughs too......

You both did a great job.......and same for all the other folks who helped out..........

It was a very clean running match..................and fun to shoot.......

Dixie Desperados know how to provide the "Customer" with their monies worth.....and then some...... :FlagAm:

Best regards........Wolf

You are welcome Blastmaster...........working with Candy is always a pleasure...and we have lots of laughs too......

You both did a great job.......and same for all the other folks who helped out..........

It was a very clean running match..................and fun to shoot.......

Dixie Desperados know how to provide the "Customer" with their monies worth.....and then some...... :FlagAm:

Best regards........Wolf

Good luck with your shooting this weekend. Second Fiddle Sue will be out there helping Danny & Deb

Archived