SASS Wire Forum

The thing about Easter that helps me understand me.

Pulp, SASS#28319

Mary had been with Jesus all of her life. Mary Magdalene, a few years. They both saw the miracles that Jesus performed through the power of God. They both heard his teachings. To sum it all up, they were there. Yet, that Sunday morning, when they went to the tomb, why were they going? They were going to anoint a dead body, not to see a risen Saviour. In spite of all they had seen and heard through the years with Jesus, they still had doubts about his teachings.

So when I find myself doubting God, I think about them. At least I'm in good company.

Look at Peter. He had seen it all, even heard the voice of God tell Abraham, "This is my Son, with whom I am well pleased." Yet when push came to shove, what did Peter do? Denied even knowing Jesus. He made up for it later, he definitely grew from his mistake, but that doesn't change the fact. So again, I'm in good company. How many of us today, would have stood their ground and said, "Yeah, I know Him."?

Thomas had to have physical proof before he would believe Jesus had risen.

So I reckon my point is, we all have occasional doubts about God. I have very definite doubts about organized religion. But when I'm feeling down, and to the point of becoming a non-believer, I always think back to these people. Their doubts were no different than mine. They overcame their doubts, and they help me overcome mine.

I guess that many of us have had their moments of doubt and fear, for whatever reason.

Two of the disciples had already quit their posts and were headed away on the road to be a far as possible from what they seen just three days ago.

Some of the disciples and other followers were likley at Calvary but would not come close. Mark (not a disciple) was at the base of the cross but was likely too young to be seen as a threat.

That every word of the Bible teaches us about ourselves and can do so everyday is proof that it is God's word.

Thanks for posting this.

Archived