SASS Wire Forum

Trends vs Current Events

I very much enjoy the multitude of email I get from readers and make it a point to answer each and every note.

Periodically, I get questions as to why I don’t focus more on current events. Again, I answer each but now and then I think this general question calls for a general answer on the public Wire since SASS is constantly getting new members. The answer is really very simple…

When a column is published monthly and the submission deadline is two months in advance, it’s impossible to be current with anything. Ergo, I focus on general trends, political philosophy and our Founders.

Besides, it's been my experience that trends really do apply to 99.9% of all current events anyway as man, in his role as the political beast, continues to repeat his behavior year after year, decade after decade and century after century.

With rare exception, such as that which we saw in the latter quarter of 18th century America, the natural desire of political man is for more power and more control over those he leads. Jefferson summed it up exactly in 1788 in writing to Edward Carrington, “The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground."

Given that, I've chosen to address the “natural progress of things” and let it up to my thinking readers to apply it to today’s shenanigans!

Finally, I want to send a huge thanks to you all for the overwhelming support you’ve shown me and my musings these many years. You do me more honor than I deserve.

Keep the faith and the fight for our great country. America is more than worthy of the struggle.

Soldier on my friends…

Is it just me, or did I miss a post? :wacko:

Post #2 that I see is from my pard Bucky Buscadero....not anyone named "Bugs." Was there a post or two deleted already and Bucky's post became #2?

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life
Trends vs Current Events Why I focus on trends and philosophy

Dear Col. Dan,

I am sendin' $50k for you to invest for me. Please make me money usin' that "Trends vs Current Events" thingie that you do so well.

FYI... President Black Harris ought to promote you to "General Dan".

ts

Archived