SASS Wire Forum

Terrorist Bomber in DC

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Howdy all, some joker has infringed on our freedom. The guy wanted to kill as many americans,visiting public and government workers as he could. This is BULLSHIT, tie the scum bucket to a bomb and send him to Aliah. Sorry if this is not POLICIALY CORRECT, but thats how I feel

God Bless the USA

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

There's a number of things about this affair that are troubling.

The would-be bomber in this case was a Moroccan that was here illegally.

If they already had this guy pegged as an illegal alien, why wasn't he deported instead of groomed as a terrorist?

As soon as the story broke, a number of government figures started gassing off about "home grown, disaffected people with extremist views".

Read the subtext here. Who do you think they're really talking about?

The whole thing stinks. Another government operation by agencies bending the rules in order to push an agenda.

Mark my words: they're working up to a Reichstag Moment to create a catastrophe so they will have an excuse to completely trample our rights and trashcan The Constitution.

There's a number of things about this affair that are troubling.

The would-be bomber in this case was a Moroccan that was here illegally.

If they already had this guy pegged as an illegal alien, why wasn't he deported instead of groomed as a terrorist?

As soon as the story broke, a number of government figures started gassing off about "home grown, disaffected people with extremist views".

Read the subtext here. Who do you think they're really talking about?

The whole thing stinks. Another government operation by agencies bending the rules in order to push an agenda.

Mark my words: they're working up to a Reichstag Moment to create a catastrophe so they will have an excuse to completely trample our rights and trashcan The Constitution.

You know Captain, 10-20 yrs ago I would have said something to the effect about worrying needlessly of black helicoptors flying overhead and wearing our tin foil hats. However with the events of the last 3 years I am beginning to agree with you.

[/size]

+1. News reports state that the FBI had been investigating the suspect for several months. I have noticed that on several high-profile arrests of "terror suspects" the FBI had undercover officer(s) involved with the group for a lengthy period of time.

Back in the '60's it was commonly know that the loudest agigator at a anti-war demostration urging violence was a probably undercover cop. According to reports the FBI gave the idiot a fake bomb vest. Now how much of a real terrorist was he if he couldn't even come up with his own bomb?

Then comes along Operation Fast & Furious which was a deliberate violation of State and Federal gun laws. It is a shame to see what was once the finest law enforcement organization in the world become a political tool for whatever agenda the President has.

So they immediately grab the guy and deport him. Now you've got a disaffected person with a detailed knowledge of at least one slice of American society headed off to join The Bad Guys.

So they don't deport him, they just charge him with thinking about, and maybe talking about, an act of mass murder. Does that make anybody nervous?

Any time you engage in a "sting" you take a chance ("Fast and Furious" anyone?). But under our system before you can be charged with any crime there must be both intent (mens rea, a "guilty mind") and an action that is contrary to law (the actus reus). They enabled a pre-exising intent. So far the facts presented don't make me nervous. I feel a bit more confident in that this "lone wolf" was sighted and neutralized without any real public risk.

No "black helicopters" on the horizon, yet.

SQQ

So they immediately grab the guy and deport him. Now you've got a disaffected person with a detailed knowledge of at least one slice of American society headed off to join The Bad Guys.

So they don't deport him, they just charge him with thinking about, and maybe talking about, an act of mass murder. Does that make anybody nervous?

Any time you engage in a "sting" you take a chance ("Fast and Furious" anyone?). But under our system before you can be charged with any crime there must be both intent (mens rea, a "guilty mind") and an action that is contrary to law (the actus reus). They enabled a pre-exising intent. So far the facts presented don't make me nervous. I feel a bit more confident in that this "lone wolf" was sighted and neutralized without any real public risk.

No "black helicopters" on the horizon, yet.

SQQ

+1

And the public only sees an occasional story like this. There have been many many more thwarted attacks over the past 10 years through undercover operations that remain highly classified. The fact that there haven't been any major attacks since 9/11 is not just dumb luck. A lot of people are working hard and effectively.

And the public only sees an occasional story like this. There have been many many more thwarted attacks over the past 10 years through undercover operations that remain highly classified. The fact that there haven't been any major attacks since 9/11 is not just dumb luck. A lot of people are working hard and effectively.

If there are other more serious attempts that have been stopped perhaps they should toot their horn a bit. Even if the effort may have had some classification. It is worthwhile for us citizens to know that they are successful. And that the efforts at the airports are not just another violation of our rights (4th ammendment).

If there are other more serious attempts that have been stopped perhaps they should toot their horn a bit. Even if the effort may have had some classification. It is worthwhile for us citizens to know that they are successful. And that the efforts at the airports are not just another violation of our rights (4th ammendment).

It would be nice in some ways, but detrimental is others. Letting the public know how something was done lets the Bad Guys know, too. The Bad Guys are not stupid. I'm all for contratulating the Good Guys when they win, but not at the cost of educating the opposition.

G.

As somebody that has actually done undercover investigations, I also say that you are in a no win scenario. If you run the sting and catch him, the public cries out that you shouldn't have let it go that far. But if you pull the plug too soon, you do not have the evidence necessary to arrest, much less get a conviction. I am not even going in the direction of being the Thought Police....

And like mentioned, so few of undercover stings ever make it to the public eye.

I can only imagine what the talking heads and bubble heads with microphones would do with the

story. The thing that I don't understand is that as bad as they have damaged their credibility how

they can continue to survive. I guess a lot of folks just want to hear what they want to hear.

Guys like Edward R. Murrow must be spinning in their grave.

The reason that I think that we should have more information about the successful operations against terrorism is so we can understand that our government is actually working to solve the problem and that they are successful. And that we don't have to depend upon the morons in tsa to protect us.

I don't need to know details of undercover stuff. But when a guy is locked up awaiting trial the details of that op may be more available.

The bad guys already know it.

if you think Edward R Murrow is spinning in his grave, think about our founding fathers and the violation of our rights that happen daily.

Short-circuiting subversive efforts by creating a bogus conspiracy under your control (rather than waiting for the enemy to come up with their own ideas) is a legitimate national security technique with centuries of history behind it. Sir Francis Walsingham did it a couple of times for Queen Elizabeth Tudor.

Professor, A good point when the only real issue is whether you can catch Mary Queen of Scots attempting to overthrow QE and bring catholics back into power. Quite another when dealing with the potential of all the bad things that the islamic extremists could do to the USA. What if that little bogus conspiracy gets out of hand. You MUST be certain that it wont. The stakes are way too high.

Archived