SASS Wire Forum

WTB Iver Johnson M-1 Carbine 22 lr

Anybody have one they'd be willing to part with? When I was a kid my cousin had one and we had a ball plinkin with it. I tried to get him to sell it to me but he wouldn't part with it. I know Chiappa is supposed to be bringing one out. But I'm not holding my breath since they announced it at the 2011 Shot Show and again at the Shot Show this year and nobody has ever seen one other than at the Shot Shows. They're all talk & no action. It ought to be illegal for a company to announce a new product in the media longer than 90 days before the product is on store shelves. :(

I hope that you find one. I've had an an Erma Werke/Iver Johnson for 20+ years and I still enjoy shooting it. It is a bit picky as far as ammo is concerned.

Good Luck

El Vasco

I have a very interesting Marlin semi auto .22 in M1 carbine configuration. Has a tube mag that goes just to end of forestock, but stock is an M1 carbine type with over-barrel forend. Rear sight is receiver mounted to be an M1 lookalike. Never seen one of these before, but have had it for years and it a hoot to shoot. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tips pards but I couldn't find one on proxibid or gunbroker, no matter how I searched. There is one on Guns America and I emailed the seller some questions about it. But no answer yet.

Thank Ron. I've got an email question into him Now we'll see if I get any answers.

El Vasco, I've found that most semi auto 22 rifles & pistols are ammo finnicky. They tend to want the hot stuff such as CCI Mini Mags.

El Vasco, I've found that most semi auto 22 rifles & pistols are ammo finnicky. They tend to want the hot stuff such as CCI Mini Mags.

That's exactly right, my Erma M-1 likes the hot stuff. It will work OK with lighter loads for a few mags; but will start misfiring as it gets dirty. The hotter stuff cycles it well, even when dirty.

El Vasco

I bought the one on Guns America this afternoon. Put the check & FFL in the mail. The gun is in Kaintuck, so it may take a couple weeks to complete the deal.

Congrats Pard.

Id sure like to give it a try.

I have a 10/22 with that conversion kit.

Its fun on a nice afternoon.

I like 10/22s cause they eat everything but the real slow .22 ammo.

And they rarely break.

Best

CR

Archived