SASS Wire Forum

A different Thanksgiving

Mosey N Sloe

Things were a little different this year. My wife is still recovering from her surgery, found out last night I didn't have to work today. So there was no real feast planned. Got home at 6 this morning, found out my local market would be closed today, so no way really to get anything. (You couldn't pay me to shop the local wally world today)

Anyway, I fixed a few things from the freezer. No turkey or ham, just salsbury steak with some potatos and veggies.

But this year, the Good Lord has seen fit to give me many things to be thankful for.

My wife made it through her operation and is healing well

I have a job at decent pay and bennies

and just too many things to list, that I just had to brag a little on what He has done for me in the last few months.

Including a prayer posse that comes riding to the rescue when things go wrong, I thank you all for your support.

Bit different for me as well, first turkey day that I can remember in over 25 years that Miz Grizz and I spent apart. She went and spent it with her family, and I went and spent it with my mom. It worked out well all the way around.

Went out for turkey with my mom, sister, and bro in law, then went up to the mountains and spent a couple hours shooting. Weather was fantastic for this time of year, when the breeze would die down, I didn't even need a jacket.

So many things to be thankful for.

Tired and thankful Grizz

Well, if you can't find something to be thankful for, you are really in trouble. But all you have to do is ask and

people will help with prayers and good thoughts. If you ask in your heart, I think you will find a better way.

Glad your wife is healing. Sometimes the simple things are the best things.

I was feeling kind of down yesterday when my son and his wife couldn’t make it home for the holiday. Then I thanked God that he was only across the state enjoying the holiday with his new family and not in harms way on some foreign battlefield.

Prayers up for those who defend us and for the families that love and worry about them

Archived