SASS Wire Forum

You can shoot any style, in any age base catagory, right?

Blastmaster

There is another thread going on about reconized catagories and such at matches. That if there were insufficient number of shooters, those catagories would/could not be offered at that shoot. This made me revisit the Handbook and what was required by each reconized catagory. It seems to me that if someone wanted to shoot (for example) Frontier Cartridige Duelist in an age base catagory (say Wrangler) they qualify for, they could. Or shoot Duelist/ Double Duelist/ blackpowder whatever in an age base catagory (say Cowboy or 49'r), they could. May not be desirable from the awards point of view, but they could. About the only shooting style that can not be shot in an age base catagory is Gunfighter style. Have I got all of this correct?

Blastmaster

Yep.

I think they should be able to shoot GFer in those aged base categories if they want.

It WOULD NOT take away from GFer itself. Those that think it would.

Tell me just how many Duelist you see shooting in aged base categories???

And its been legal forever. It does not take away from Duelist at all. And it

would not take away from GFer.

Just let them shoot GFer. And then Cowboy is an open category. No need to start one

then. <_<

Yep.

I think they should be able to shoot GFer in those aged base categories if they want.

It WOULD NOT take away from GFer itself. Those that think it would.

Tell me just how many Duelist you see shooting in aged base categories???

And its been legal forever. It does not take away from Duelist at all. And it

would not take away from GFer.

Just let them shoot GFer. And then Cowboy is an open category. No need to start one

then. <_<

Good points.

Besides your Cowboy suggestion, wouldn't it make Wrangler, and 49'r open catagory as well?

The title of your thread suggests that a person who signs up for Senior Duelist could shoot two-handed in that category..."any style in any age-based category".

Surely that cant be right!

No it would not because a 22 year old shooter cannot move up and shoot Wrangler or 49r due to it being age based.

Two Gun

Not my intent. I believe I said if you qualify for that age catagory but you were shooting a not age catagory style such as duelist, double duelist, Classic cowboy or something like that. The only style (Gunfighter) couldn't move to an age base catagory of any type.

The title of your thread suggests that a person who signs up for Senior Duelist could shoot two-handed in that category..."any style in any age-based category".

Surely that cant be right!

True, Senior Duelist is an age base and shooting style based catagory,,,, but if there was no Senior Duelist catagory, he could drop down to another age base catagory that he is qualified for (49'r, Wrangler or Cowboy,,,even duelist for example) and still complete as a Duelist.. That is what I am trying to ask.

Archived