SASS Wire Forum

Coin collectors

Utah Bob #35998

I have a 1986 Liberty Half Dollar proof, the one minted to commemorate the Statue of Liberty centennial.

Still in the Mint packaging.

Anyone have an idea of what it's worth?

P.S.

I do not have a guide to look in and the local newsstand doesn't have one and there's no coin store nearby.

I have a 1986 Liberty Half Dollar proof, the one minted to commemorate the Statue of Liberty centennial.

Still in the Mint packaging.

Anyone have an idea of what it's worth?

P.S.

I do not have a guide to look in and the local newsstand doesn't have one and there's no coin store nearby.

I figur it is maybe worth a half dollar . . . possibly less, . . but I'll give ya 49 cents for it,.... that is only if you pay the postage to send it to me. :blink:-_-;)

I knew it wasn't silver because it gives the specs on the information card in the box.:

.33 troy oz copper

.03 oz nickel

I prefer older coins. I was just curious.

It came with some of my grandfather's stuff after he passed. He used to collect gold coins but they mysteriously disappeared after his death. WE know who took em though. :angry:

I apologize for gettin yer hopes up, I waz lookin in the wrong book last nite. Mo Hares quote to ya is pretty much on the money..(no pun intended.)

it is unfortunate, but the modern comems are just not worth much. I bought a couple like the Civil War one just to have it...not

curley

I don't really care what it's worth.

It's shiny! :lol:

Archived