SASS Wire Forum

Dillon XL 650

Bodine

Here's what all I brought home:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/CaptBo/Dillon650reloader.jpg

There's a CV-500 shaker/cleaner, and that big tub thing with a cage. Haven't looked everything up yet.

There's set of .45 LC, a converter for .45 LC to .454 Casull, and a set of RCBS .45 LC, a whole buncha small parts, springs, primer tube thingys, and stuf I have no clue what it is or where it goes.

I'm going to try and raise enough cash at the rendevouse this weekend to send it off and get the manual and set-up video sent back with it.

I might be lookin for .44-40 dies pretty soon. My sons is in that cal.

Bodine

Dang pard! That's right friendly and helpful. Things like this just defy adequate wording. Thank you!

Bodine

It needs a good cleaning, and I really need to up-grade my dial calipers too.

I gotta go to a better computer to download/print the manula. I tried from here already but its no use.

thanks.

Bodine

The black crooked tube is the casefeed mounting post. It is used with and without the optional casefeeder. Without the casefeeder the casefeed tube is supported from it by the casefeed support bracket. If you are reloading anything other than short rimless handgun cartridges I highly recommend the casefeeder. The casefeed tube holds thirteen 44-40 or 45LC; fourteen 38 special; nine 223/5.56 Rem.

JD

A suggestion. I purchased a used 650 and contacted Dillon regarding getting it set up for a particular caliber and to be checked to ensure it was working properly. I advised them it was a used machine that I had just purchased. They told me to send it to them, so the postage there was on me. They returned in in like new working order, I know because I also had a brand new one at the time, at no cost to me. They did charge me for the caliber specific items I needed but not for labor, parts or shipping back to me. This will ensure you have a proper working machine before you attempt to set it up for use. The Dillon no BS warranty is just that.

It needs a good cleaning, and I really need to up-grade my dial calipers too.

I gotta go to a better computer to download/print the manula. I tried from here already but its no use.

thanks.

Bodine

Harbor Freight sells stainless steel digital calipers that are on sale for about $20 every once in a while. I've had them for years and they work great. I was worried about using inexpensive calipers when I first bought them, so I took them to work and compared them to some Mitutoyo calipers. They worked just as well, and I have been using them since.

Edit- I just got a Harbor Freight ad: there is a coupon for the calipers for $9.99! I might buy another set just because it's such a great deal...

I just got off the phone with a customer service rep. They are sending a manual out today, and it's $57.95 for a complete overhaul. I'm gonna be making some more stuff on the forge and outta my leather scraps and hope to make enough at the Fort Osage event this weekend to cover it all. Thanks for all the help and advice pards. I just pulled a .45 acp hull outta the primer punch die where it was stuck. The dies are for .45 LC! Anyhow, I ain't gonna touch nuthin else til the manual arrives and then maybe I can identify and bag-up some of these little parts!

Bodine

...big tub thing with a cage. <<<< That is the sifter to sift out all the tumbling media. After tubling the used brass you pour the brass and media into the cage item, it latches closed, then you gently turn the handle until no more media falls out.

.... a whole buncha small parts, springs, primer tube thingys, and stuf I have no clue what it is or where it goes. <<<< A lot of that may be just the "spares kit". Dillon offers them so that if you do happen to break something in the middle of a big reloading session, you can fix it quick and get it running again instead of waiting days for a replacement.

Archived