SASS Wire Forum

Dragoon shootin

ORNERY OAF

Pards

Got a Lil problem I'm told is real common with shootin the big horse pistols. Every shot out of my 2nd modelDdagoon,the daggone load lever drops. How do I fix this , come on darksiders, help me out.....

Load em hot and heavy

The Ornery Oaf

Pards

Got a Lil problem I'm told is real common with shootin the big horse pistols. Every shot out of my 2nd modelDdagoon,the daggone load lever drops. How do I fix this , come on darksiders, help me out.....

Load em hot and heavy

The Ornery Oaf

You answered your own question when you said "Load em Hot and Heavy"

Try less powder and see what happens. Also the spring on the latch might be a tad weak. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Pards

Load em hot and heavy

The Ornery Oaf

I have one of the early Uberti second models that had the same problem. The lever latch and hanger are much like the 1851. What I did was recut the hanger so the latch could move farther forward.

Nate, sounds good and mine is the second model uberti dragoon too. I might try cutting mine but that may exceed my gunsnithing abilities.....I need to find something strong as lowering the powder is not an option, my usual class is PaleRider Gunfighter..lol

Ornery

Archived