SASS Wire Forum

NEWS FLASH! US OPEN 2011

Brother King, SASS #69031

You just can't believe what I'm about to tell you. Every single VIP shooter at the 2011 US OPEN was treated last night to a spread of food that was nearly 30 yards long. There was enough food to feed an army of VIP'S.

Heck, all of us VIP cowboys ate until we couldn't hardly burp. Then we had dessert. The only problem was picking which kind of dessert. The dessert table had to be another 10 yards.

Ladies came out looking like a bunch of "10's" dressed to the nines. You've never seen such finery. Gentlemen, too, showed up for a fine occassion.

Then the BIG NEWS happened! WOW! The STATE of IL Department of Natural Resources announced the big NEWS. Every single State, Regional, National, World, US OPEN, major event CATEGORY WINNER (not just overall) will be granted FREE ENTRY into the 2012 US OPEN right here in Sparta IL.

This is fixin' to be a BIG DEAL now. It's impossible for me to stress how cool it has been to shoot here, be a vendor here, and just enjoy this incredible facility. IT EVEN RAINED TWO DAYS AND NO ONE GOT WET OR MUDDY!

You just can't believe what I'm about to tell you. Every single VIP shooter at the 2011 US OPEN was treated last night to a spread of food that was nearly 30 yards long. There was enough food to feed an army of VIP'S.

Heck, all of us VIP cowboys ate until we couldn't hardly burp. Then we had dessert. The only problem was picking which kind of dessert. The dessert table had to be another 10 yards.

Ladies came out looking like a bunch of "10's" dressed to the nines. You've never seen such finery. Gentlemen, too, showed up for a fine occassion.

Then the BIG NEWS happened! WOW! The STATE of IL Department of Natural Resources announced the big NEWS. Every single State, Regional, National, World, US OPEN, major event CATEGORY WINNER (not just overall) will be granted FREE ENTRY into the 2012 US OPEN right here in Sparta IL.

This is fixin' to be a BIG DEAL now. It's impossible for me to stress how cool it has been to shoot here, be a vendor here, and just enjoy this incredible facility. IT EVEN RAINED TWO DAYS AND NO ONE GOT WET OR MUDDY!

So that means since you were the Colorado State CC champ you have a free entry next year?

KK

WOW!!! Every category winner in every state, regional, national, world or current US Open gets a free entry?!!! WOW!!! That could make for, like, a gazillion or so FREE entries! WOW!!! All VIPs. Good thing they have 1000 RV spots! WOW!!!

I don't know how they could possibly have a better U.S. Open than the one they just put on, but it looks like Dennis Snead (of IDNR)along with Mose & Bella and T-Bone and the Gang are certainly going all out next year.

The Kaskaskia Cowboys had the cowboy range looking absolutely supurb! They put a LOT of work into sprucing everything up and getting it in ship shape condition for all of the VIP guests.

It was a fun match and we met a lot of folks that we've been wanting to meet and we'll be shooting with them again if we can make it happen.

If you didn'y make it this year, hopefully all you folks that get a category win at your State or above, will give serious thought to accepting the free entry at the 2012 US OPEN and maybe you'll bring a friend with you.

CHEERS!

Cascade Charlie

I'm happy that the State of Illinois has made this great offer. Maybe things are changing in Illinois.

Texas Ghost

aaahaa, I was a month early,,,so the pressure is on :huh: .....quess I gotta get serious,,,aginnnn... :lol:

Cheyenne :P

Archived