SASS Wire Forum

Badger Mountain Range War - any reports? pics? vids?

Grizzly Dave

Home and tired... just thought I 'd 'check in' with the SASS WAHR REGULARS.

What I can remember:

Cobra Cat clawed some serious butt. The kid is on fire. The running buffalo was so scared he was hit 8 times and only made it 3 feet outta 20.

Kitty Carbine won Ladies' B-Western

Cat Tracker won Men's B-Western

The only reason Lightning Cat didn't win something is he had to work.

Rosita Gambler put on another incredible show. Glad I had a front row seat to that one.

Blackie Stu beat me like a pup again in Classic Cowboy. He's a trimmer, younger Blackie though- don't know what he did with that other 40# but he's gettin' faster.

EDIT:(previous post suggested KK won FCGF. My apologies.) The Match offered FCGF: Painted Filly won her class. Hubby Kiowa Kid and el Gato Gordo were in a fierce duel all day with eGG even checking 'what do I gotta beat' from time to time. In the end eGG won the new category.

Wichita Wayne put on a hell of a show against Cobra Cat in the Shoot Off. Cobra just put down everyone except his mom, Kitty Carbine with convincing domination. Kitty's target somehow fell ahead of his, though in the Man V Lady shootoff... smart kid, too that Cobra. ;)

I have to tell you that if you've never had the pleasure of shooting at the M Lazy C Ranch at Lake George, home of the COLORADO COWBOYS HOMEPAGE Colorado Cowboys you just haven't been livin' right. Hookups in the trees; views of the Rockies; Special Forces teams settin' off C4; crisp, cool Rocky Mountain night air and stars clear to the stars.

Great time! Way to Go el Gato Gordo, Kiowa Kid and all the Colorado Cowboys who helped put it on. It's hard to beat such a venue as the M Lazy C Ranch M LAZY C DUDE RANCH.... feller could spend a summer there riding the Rockies, flyfishing, shooting, horses, hiking, near by Cripple Creek and not be penalized for it neither.

Made some new friends, too. Glad y'all invited me!

Grizz,

Had a great time. We had a full house. We did have a rain/hail shower Saturday afternoon that made us wait a bit, but other than that we had a great time!!!!!

We were glad to have you Brother King! The shoot off was definiatey hard won! We did make Cobra Cat shoot duelist however in the Man V Woman shoot off. He was a good sport. Those 2 young men that Kitty and Cat have raised are 2 great young men. Always happy to shoot with them and have them at a shoot.

I want to thank everyone that came to shhot with us. You all made the shoot. Without you all coming out there would not have been a shoot.

Kiowa and I had a great time. I met some new people that I had not met before. We had shooters join us from Maryland, Texas, Kansas! All great people and some GREAT shooters I have to say. I did not get a chance to really study the final numbers but have to say we had some good ones. Scores will be up in a couple of days.

Again I want to thanks everyone for coming out and playing with us this weekend.

Painted Filly

Howdy,

Brother King, thanks for the Sposorship along with Aspen Filly for sponsoring out shoot, and BK I must make a correction el Gato Gordo is the raining champ for FCGF at the Colorado Cowboys, and again thanks everybody for the help amd most of all the shoots who made the adventure to the M Lazy C because without you there wouldn't be a shoot.

Thanks

KK

You're right, Kiowa. My apologies to el Gato Gordo- it was late and I DO remember that you two were in a fierce battle the whole day. (I was pulling for you, Buddy! LOL) But, eGG took the Winner's Trophy at the end.

eGG, you deserve the honor and I've corrected my previous post. Great job at Colorado Cowboys, too. I certainly enjoyed my first shoot there and it won't be my last for sure. What a great range, super targets and a HAPPY BUNCH OF MEMBERS!

Howdy All,

Kiowa Kid & Painted Filly I want to thank you, and all the Colorado Cowboys for putting on a great Annual Match. Me and Anxious Annie had a great time. Anxious Annie had her first ever clean match, and was really surprised when she won the pistol in the raffle :lol: :lol:. It was fun and thanks alot to all.

S.I.D.

Sounds like it was a great match as I knew it would be. Wish I'd been able to make it, but as it turns out, probably just as well I hadn't made plans to.

Hopefully someone got some pics and will post links to them!

Grizz

Another great match - Kiowa Kid really know how to put one on and with the help of the other Colorado Cowboys it went off without a glitch. We all know that is never the case with a big match but whatever happened in the background stayed there. Sonora Blaze and I only saw smiles from all the cowboys and cowgirls. Thanks for letting us be a part.

Blazen Vaquero

Blazen,

Thanks for being a Posse Marshall for us. As always love posseing(sp) with you and Sonora.

Thanks Scary Indian Dude, glad you guys had fun and thanks to Annie for being a good sport on winning the gun! :) I had fun with that!

Brother King as Kiowa has said thank you for being a sponsor and setting up your booth and of course shooting with us!

Apsen Filly thanks for being a sponsor, setting up your booth and of course like Bk for shooting with us. And on a personal note thanks again for doing my guns LOVE THEM!!!!!!!

Painted Filly

Howdy,

Brother King, thanks for the Sposorship along with Aspen Filly for sponsoring out shoot, and BK I must make a correction el Gato Gordo is the raining champ for FCGF at the Colorado Cowboys, and again thanks everybody for the help amd most of all the shoots who made the adventure to the M Lazy C because without you there wouldn't be a shoot.

Thanks

KK

I still find that hard to believe, so I will be double checking that data on that one! Really.

Muchas gracias for all the kind comments, and to POSSE 5 who make the Posse Marshal job nearly non-existent! What a FUN gang of folks to have as shooting companions!

I am also glad that Osage Lefty was able to shoot! After we reached capacity, I had turned him away, but he persisted and last minute cancellations made some room. I hope you had as much fun as I did!

Buena suerte,

eGG

Many many kudos from the two shooters from Kansas who were lucky enough to have the opportunity to shoot the BMRW. Every single person we met was first class cowboy/cowgirl and we could not have had a better time. The stages were fun, the posse members we met and shot with were who anybody would want to shoot with and call friends.

BMRW is a fantastic shoot. It was perfectly run by a host of super cowboy folks. The only thing I wish they would change is to make it a 3 day shoot so we all could spend more time doing what we love with the best people in the world! :D

If'n any of you are thinking about the BMRW in the future, put it on yore shootin calendar. There ain't no way you will be disappointed.

I cannot even to begin to say how impressive the Shoot Off was. That was not only entertaining, but a doggone good schooling on how cowboy shooting can be done faster and more accurately and good naturedly than one can imagine. + 100 to everyone involved.

Oh, and Grizzly Dave... There just aint' no video that can capture Cobra Cat shooting at speed. That young man is IMPRESSIVE! He is not only a mach one shooter, but a very upstanding and fine young man and total gentleman as well! I had the pleasure of shooting on a posse with him and if this fella is indicative of the future of SASS, this organization is good to go for decades to come! (And Cobra Cat was not the only blazingly fast shooter there either; there are many shooters there who were beyond impressive, I hate to name names 'cause I will leave someone out, but CC sticks out in my mind as one young fella among many who has this game moving forward for all the right reasons).

Congrats to the Colorado Cowboys and all the folks there, cowboys and cowgirls alike, for a wonderful match. Great shooters all, fantastic folks all. So looking forward to next year. :D

:FlagAm:

Dan

Oh, and who set that 10,000 decible blast off before the shoot the second day? EGG, was that you? My heart still ain't not come out of spastic defib, and that with me over 100 yards away in the parking area :blink:! :D

Dantankerous,

Was great to meet you and Six Gun Sugar Vixen. I am so glad that you had fun. Hopefully we will see you at Hill City. You are more than welcome to come back anytime! :)

Hope you had a safe trip home.

Painted Filly

Si, Dan, I am the culprit! As a reward for winning the 300 yd long range, Randy Myers the Ranch Owner, allowed me to shoot two sticks of dynamite at once. With a funny looking AR (?) type rifle (which I have never shot one before), the pressure was on. If you think the blast was impressive from the parking lot, it was pretty darn good from the 25 yards at which I shot it!

The TIMING, however, was all Randy! Thanks, Randy, for an unforgettable experience!

Buena suerte,

eGG

Archived