SASS Wire Forum

The Naked Gun

Aunt Jen

I was watching this documentary on LAPD procedures. I had no idea they were so scientific! They had as many gadgets as James Bond. And then I noticed OJ got shot about 5 minutes into it, banged his head on a lamp, burned his hand on the stove, slammed his hand in the window, face-full in a wedding cake, stepped in a bear trap, and fell overboard, and lived.

Is this a real documentary? Did this stuff really happen?

I was watching this documentary on LAPD procedures. I had no idea they were so scientific! They had as many gadgets as James Bond. And then I noticed OJ got shot about 5 minutes into it, banged his head on a lamp, burned his hand on the stove, slammed his hand in the window, face-full in a wedding cake, stepped in a bear trap, and fell overboard, and lived.

Is this a real documentary? Did this stuff really happen?

Surely, you can't be serious.

I know it's the wrong movie: it's called comedic license.

Uh, no. And I'm not Shirley. :lol::lol:

Sorry...

Absolutely. Really more of a documentary than an entertainment film.

Like Top Shot. :lol:

They used creative camera angles to make me look taller on screen!

Oh, then tell me: (1) hyperspace disorienting?, and (2) why does a starfighter go EEEEEEEE-ooooooooww when it goes by in outer space.

Funny story, a year ago next month Miz Grizz, son Grizz, and I drove daughter Grizz out to Ohio for his first year of college. On the drive back Miz Grizz was feeling progressively worse. By the time we hit KC she was miserable, we stopped for the night in Topeka with her hoping some rest would ease the nausea and abdominal pain. Late that night she was still miserable and felt rotten enough to call "ask a nurse" who more or less said rest and see how it is in the morning. I got online and found the nearest hospital. Miz Grizz figured it was something that needed to be looked into, but was hoping we could make it back to Colorado first.

Miz Grizz is a big Stargate and Stargate Atlantis fan.

During the night the pain got much worse.

I'm not sure if it was during the night, or after we got to the ER the next morning but she remembers thinking 'why doesn't John Sheppard just beam me up? He could do it easily and then beam me down to Colorado.'

She related that to me as she came out of the anesthetic after having her gall bladder removed. It was so nasty, rotten and full of puss and stones (doctors exact words) that they had to put in a drain where normally they just stitch you up and you're on your way home same day.

Two days later we were on our way home, drain still in place.

We still laugh and wonder why Sheppard didn't just beam her up and back down to Colorado, maybe he was busy fighting the Wraith or something. :D

Grizz

1) Only at first, the first few times you go into hyperspace, some suffer huperspace sickness worse than others.

2) Some spacecraft, especially the inferior Imperial designs emit radioactive high frequency radio waves. They can't be heard in the dead of space of course, but they do resonate on the hulls of nearby ships.

Hope that helps.

Grizzbacca

. They can't be heard in the dead of space of course, but they do resonate on the hulls of nearby ships.

Hope that helps.

Grizzbacca

Ah, yes. That would explain it. And the camera-men are inside a ship, also, or their camera, with a metal exterior, picks up the waves, themselves. That explains it. I see, now.

There is so much this liberal arts major misses!

Archived