SASS Wire Forum

Have shortages started again?

Slowhand Bob, 24229

Was looking up some brass prices and it looks like Star-Line is out of everything and the prices sure seem high. It has been a few years since I purchased brass so perhaps that is the reason for my sticker shock but I know the shortage of available brass isnt normal. At least most of it is expected in very shortly but the 44Russian, perhaps not. Have shortages started again?

I've been waiting a couple years for another run of .56-50. :( I've got a couple bags of brand new WW .348's I could cut down I guess.

Starline is actually CATCHING UP slowly but surely. Their wait time WAS 6-8 mos, now it is down to 12-14 weeks.

The problem continues to be unabated demand for semi-auto pistol cartridges that bogs down the machinery also used to make our "obsolete" stuff.... They make a HUGE run of .44 or .45 and it is sold out before the stuff cools. Then they have to convert and run ACP or whatever for a month or so before converting again to make some other caliber. it's a vicious cycle but it really is easing according to them.

Archived