SASS Wire Forum

Old Knife

OK, it's not really a knife. I've got an old (dated 1914) Phillippine BARONG. The handle is broken, a small tear in the silver collar and the Damascus blade has some damage. I kinda figure because of the damage, it's not really worth much. Can the blade be re-worked into another type blade?

Just asking

TF

It can be restored. I wouldn't mess with the blade unless it's damaged beyond repair.

OK, it's not really a knife. I've got an old (dated 1914) Phillippine BARONG. The handle is broken, a small tear in the silver collar and the Damascus blade has some damage. I kinda figure because of the damage, it's not really worth much. Can the blade be re-worked into another type blade?

Just asking

TF

Send a pic..... ;)

Half the handle is missing and there are a few small pieces (largest about 3/4") missing from the sharp side of the blade.

As for pictures, I have a back log of stuff Sarah B. needs to take care of on this confuser I don't understand.

TF

Now TF, YOU do know that SWMBO doesn't allow you to have anything sharp don't YOU :o

You'll poke you eye out :lol::P AGAIN :wacko:

LG

And who's talking about sharp pointy things......... :rolleyes:

I seem to remember an incident a few years ago :P ..........................................

TF

Archived