SASS Wire Forum

Shoulda gone to EOT

Pulp, SASS#28319

I went last year and placed in the top 97.8%. I just looked at this year's scores and if I'da gone this year I'da placed in the top 94.5%. Assuming of course that I could have beaten all those folks who didn't shoot. :rolleyes:

Just think, a 2.3% increase in standings is pretty good. :lol:

Don;t know - from what I have heard and read on the Wire....maybe I am glad I didn;t go....:huh:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

You know it's what you make of it, if you believe everything you read here i don't know what to tell you.

KK

Gunner, don't believe everything on the Wire. EOT is a grand experience. No, it's not perfect, few things are in this life.

I've learned through the years that most folks find what they're lookin' for. I went, lookin' for a good time, shooting with good folks, meeting some of the Saloonatics, and meeting everyone else I could meet. My goals were accomplished. If my goals had been finding grumpy people and being miserable, I'm sure I could have accomplished that goal also. I was also going to shoot a clean match. I didn't make that goal, I had one miss.

I was told on the Wire that my 10 gauge shells would not be legal there. I took them anyway, took one to the main office, explained what and why they looked like they did, the rules committee looked at them, and told me there was nothing illegal about them. Wouldn't have mattered one way or the other, I brought two other shotguns, just in case. I was told on the Wire that the posse marshals rushed the shooters. I never felt rushed, but on the other hand, when it was my turn, I was ready. That was a concern, because I'm such a slow shooter I was worried that I might be frowned upon. My posse marshal was wise enough to know that we can't all be 20 second stage shooters, and never once acted like I was slowing down the posse. He also allowed me to recharge my percussions while working the unloading table. That worked out great for me. I'd shoot early in the stage, then take over on the unloading table.

I think everyone should go to EOT at least once. Yes, it is expensive, yes, it is hot in the New Mexico desert(but it was never as hot as SE OK), yes, it is crowded, and yes, they do follow a schedule. That might not fit for some folks, but the majority will have a good time. When my family health problems are solved, and when my work schedule will allow it, I will go back. And I hope to meet you there.

I saw a lot of complaints about the climate. Mostly from non westerners. Maybe they should build an air conditioned sound stage like Hollywood so reality doesn't intrude. :rolleyes::lol: .

Some folks complain about it not being run like a friendly little monthly. Duh! wacko:

If it wasn't so expensive I'd go just to meet all my friends, certainly not with any expectation of winning. The real gunslingers can have the buckles. Maybe the economy will take an upturn someday and I'll mosey on down. I wouldn't let the complaints of a few on the wire deter me.

Sometimes I think there are just too many people involved in this game now with attitudes that are a lot different than mine.

Maybe I'm just too easy to please. Gimme some guns and ammo and a place to shoot with friends and I'm pretty happy.

Don;t know - from what I have heard and read on the Wire....maybe I am glad I didn;t go....:huh:

To each his own, amigo! I've been for the last 4 years; my wife (who I had to drag to her first EOT) insisted that we go this year. We both had a fantastic time!

Yes, there was dust and wind, more so than the previous 3 years. But we live on the Eastern Colorado high plains. Dust and wind is the norm in the spring here in Colorado, and this year has been especially bad. Call it authenticity. Call it atmosphere. Call it reality.....just like the 1800's.

The German contingent had a pool set up across the lane from us with a candelabra set in the middle, and I wish I hadn't left my bathing suit at home!

Anyone can focus on the negatives of any match. We had some negatives at Winter Range ~ and we still had a good time and will go back. If you let the whiners influence your attendance at a match, you might as well believe the film critics on movies, too!

Don't be laying on your death bed someday, wondering what it might have been like to compete in the World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting ~ End of Trail. Then it's too late. Check it out firsthand, compadre, and bring a sense of fun ~ your very presence will enhance everyone's experience!

Buena suerte,

eGG

You know it's what you make of it, if you believe everything you read here i don't know what to tell you.

KK

Understand...I have read good and bad...just like with anything else

To each his own, amigo! I've been for the last 4 years; my wife (who I had to drag to her first EOT) insisted that we go this year. We both had a fantastic time!

Yes, there was dust and wind, more so than the previous 3 years. But we live on the Eastern Colorado high plains. Dust and wind is the norm in the spring here in Colorado, and this year has been especially bad. Call it authenticity. Call it atmosphere. Call it reality.....just like the 1800's.

The German contingent had a pool set up across the lane from us with a candelabra set in the middle, and I wish I hadn't left my bathing suit at home!

Anyone can focus on the negatives of any match. We had some negatives at Winter Range ~ and we still had a good time and will go back. If you let the whiners influence your attendance at a match, you might as well believe the film critics on movies, too!

Don't be laying on your death bed someday, wondering what it might have been like to compete in the World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting ~ End of Trail. Then it's too late. Check it out firsthand, compadre, and bring a sense of fun ~ your very presence will enhance everyone's experience!

Buena suerte,

eGG

EoT will be lthe last thing I would be thinking about on my 'death bed' poncho ;)

but Winter Range....that is one for sure I hope to attend.

I saw a lot of complaints about the climate. Mostly from non westerners. Maybe they should build an air conditioned sound stage like Hollywood so reality doesn't intrude. :rolleyes::lol: .

Some folks complain about it not being run like a friendly little monthly. Duh! wacko:

If it wasn't so expensive I'd go just to meet all my friends, certainly not with any expectation of winning. The real gunslingers can have the buckles. Maybe the economy will take an upturn someday and I'll mosey on down. I wouldn't let the complaints of a few on the wire deter me.

Sometimes I think there are just too many people involved in this game now with attitudes that are a lot different than mine.

Maybe I'm just too easy to please. Gimme some guns and ammo and a place to shoot with friends and I'm pretty happy.

Keep reading ~

It was more than climate....

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=171870

Archived